Ayam is a free 3D modelling environment for the RenderMan interface. Ayam features at a glance:
- RIB (RenderMan Interface Bytestream) export and import.
- Support for NURB curves and (trimmed) NURB surfaces, Boxes, Quadrics (Sphere, Disk, Cylinder, Cone, Hyperboloid, Paraboloid, and Torus), CSG, MetaBalls, Polygonal and Subdivision Meshes.
- NURBS modelling includes normal and interpolating curves as well as extrude, revolve, sweep, skin, gordon, and birail objects with caps, holes, and bevels.
- Custom objects that may freely implement their representations (using OpenGL and RIB) and even small GUIs to edit their type specific parameters may be written by the user and dynamically loaded at runtime.
- Scripting interface: Tcl.
- Miscellaneous: instancing, arbitrary number of modeling views, object clipboard, independent property clipboard, console, n-level undo.
DocumentationEnglish user reference in HTML, PDF included; English user reference card in Postscript included; English user tutorial available in HTML format from http://ayam.sourceforge.net/tut1/tutorial1.html; French user tutorial available in HTML format from http://ayam.sourceforge.net/tut1.fr/didac1.html; English programmer reference available in HTML format from http://ayam.sourceforge.net/docs/ayam.html
released on 6 July 2005
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|BSD 3Clause||Janet Casey||4 February 2003|
Leaders and contributors
|Randolf Schultz <email@example.com||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=28460|
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=28460&atid=393410|
|Required to use||OpenGL|
|Required to use||Tcl/Tk|
|Required to build||OpenGL|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 30 November 2007.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.