Campsite is a web publishing system designed to work in the same style of newspapers and magazines - for example, with multiple journalists, editor review, issue publishing, and subscription management. Some of its main features are:
- Journalist/user-friendly. The interface is made to be simple and require as few clicks as possible to get the job done.
- Multi-lingual content. This means you can publish your articles in multiple languages at once - for example, have the same article in English, French, and Spanish. All content in Campsite can be translated.
- Support for issue publishing, exclusive content for subscribers, multi-media content, content categories, subscriber comments, WYSIWYG editor, article locking (so only one journalist can work on an article at a time), and timed release of articles or issues.
- Subscription management with fine-grain control over what content your subscribers have access to.
- Total design freedom over the look and layout of your site. Campsite does not impose any sort of predefined "block" layout to the structure of your site.
released on 10 July 2006
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Ted Teah||8 August 2006|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.campware.org/mailman/listinfo/campsite-bugs|
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://code.campware.org/projects/campsite/report/3|
|Required to build||G++|
|Required to use||FreeBSD|
|Required to use||GD|
|Required to use||GNU/Linux|
|Required to use||Apache|
|Required to use||Imagemagick|
|Required to use||MySQL|
|Required to build||bash|
|Required to use||PHP|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 8 August 2006.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.