Broaden your selection: Category/Audio
- Advanced GTK+ Sequencer (AGS) is intended to use for music composition.
It features a piano roll, as well a synth, matrix editor, drum machine, soundfont2 player, mixer and an output panel. It's designed to be highly configurable. You may add effects to its effect chain; and add or remove audio channels/pads. You may set up a fully functional network of engines, thus there is a link editor for linking audio lines. AGS requires a realtime kernel and ALSA support. AGS uses conditional locks to keep several threads in sync that's why you need at least a preemptable kernel.
LADSPA support has been added to version 0.4.2 as well export to WAV.
Version 0.5.x brings you first concurrent audio tree processing support.
Version 0.6.x is dedicated to accessibility. You might control GSequencer by keyboard. As you move to a note it provides you an audible feedback.
- Think of a radio station. Airtime is software that allows multiple people to run it over the internet. Airtime helps them manage the audio archive, upload files, create shows, manage staff, edit the programme calendar and cue playout. Designed specifically for independent media, it's free software.
- Ardour is a professional multitrack/multichannel audio recorder and DAW for GNU/Linux, using ALSA-supported audio interfaces.
It supports up to 32 bit samples, 24+ channels at up to 96kHz, full MMC control, a non-destructive, non-linear editor, and LADSPA plugins.
- Audacity is a cross-platform multitrack audio editor that lets you record sounds directly or import Ogg, WAV, AIFF, AU, IRCAM, or MP3 files.
It features a few simple effects, all of the editing features you should need, and unlimited undo. The GUI is built with wxWidgets and the audio I/O currently uses PortAudio.
- CYTHAR is multi-platform, pattern-oriented, polyphonic MIDI step-sequencer, which makes its own path. 16 parallel patterns with six tracks and 16 bars -- equating to 256 bars and 96 tracks. The six pattern tracks imitate the strings of a guitar and will be tuned e.g. to “EAdgbe”.
For example, you can set a guitar chord to a pattern tune and then by enabling a few events or triggers the sequencer will start a solo or plays with the chords. You can program drum sets, melodies, arpeggios and complete songs.
- Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included in the package.
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- Lauloid is a singing synthesis program based on libsms. It aims to replace the nonfree programs VOCALOID and UTAU while maintaining compatibility.
- MusE is a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities.
MusE aims to be a complete multitrack virtual studio.
- ng-jackspa is a set of simple user interface programs that host a LADSPA plugin, providing JACK ports for its audio inputs and outputs, and dynamic setting of its control inputs through the user interface. Additionally, the plugin controls can be exported to or controlled by control voltages on standard JACK audio ports. The following interfaces are available: an ncurses visual (full screen) interface for the terminal; a GTK+ graphical interface; a Qt 4 graphical interface; and a command line interface for the terminal.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.