Broaden your selection: Category/Biology
- Antidote is an open source implementation of the IEEE 11073-20601 standard. It also contains the implementation of a D-Bus based 11073 manager service.
- DataStatix is a free software for GNU/Linux and Windows useful to manage data of every kind (although it has been written to manage biomedical data), to create descriptive statistics and graphs and to export items easily to R environment or to other statistic softwares. In order to handle properly big amount of data and many concurrent users, DataStatix works with MySql database and it has been developed and tested with MySql community edition 5.5. Some features of the software are: users management (create, delete, modify password) within the software; different users levels of data access (administrator, default, read only); user defined templates (models) of data, to create new databases easily; importation and esportation of data in CSV format (used also by Calc and Excel); updating of existing data from a CSV file created with DataStatix; descriptive statistics from every data (some more kind of statistics to come); graphs from every data.
- GNU Health is a program designed for hospitals, offering the following functionalities:
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
It has a strong focus on family medicine and primary care, along with socio-economic circumstances. It uses the following disease and medical procedure standards: (ICD-10 / ICD-10-PCS). There are facilities to aid in choosing medicines; prescription writing; patient, hospital finacial, and lab administration tools; a database of 4,200 disease-related genes; epidemiological reporting; and much more.
GNU Health is part of GNU Solidario, an NGO offering health and education to the underpriveledged through free software: http://www.gnusolidario.org/
- Neuron Health
- Neuron is an EHR tool kit that supports inpatient and ambulatory care using a smart longitudinal patient record.
- OpenChrom is data analysis a tool for gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. Its functionality and algorithms can be extended using a flexible plugin approach. File formats from various vendors are supported.
- Orange is a GPL visual programming software suite, featuring widgets for interactive data visualization, statistical data analysis, machine learning, text mining, association rules and frequent pattern ming, data fusion, and data mining in general.
- Orthanc aims at providing a simple, yet powerful standalone DICOM server. It is designed to improve the DICOM flows in hospitals and to support research about the automated analysis of medical images.
Orthanc can turn any computer running Windows or GNU/Linux into a DICOM store (in other words, a mini-PACS system). Its architecture is lightweight and standalone, meaning that no complex database administration is required, nor the installation of third-party dependencies.
What makes Orthanc unique is the fact that it provides a RESTful API. Thanks to this major feature, it is possible to drive Orthanc from any computer language. The DICOM tags of the stored medical images can be downloaded in the JSON file format. Furthermore, standard PNG images can be generated on-the-fly from the DICOM instances by Orthanc.
Orthanc lets its users focus on the content of the DICOM files, hiding the complexity of the DICOM format and of the DICOM protocol.
- SPINA is free software that facilitates calculation of constant structure parameters of endocrine feedback control systems. A first successful implementation applies to evaluation of thyroid function. It allows for calculating the thyroid's maximum secretory capacity (GT or SPINA-GT) and the sum activity of peripheral 5'-deiodinases (GD or SPINA-GD) from levels of TSH, (F)T4 and (F)T3 that have been determined once only (SPINA Thyr).
This method is increasingly used in experimental research. SPINA Thyr has been evaluated in clinical trials covering more than 10,000 subjects with various disorders of thyroid homeostais. Additional applications targeting other endocrine feedback loops are currently being developed or prepared, respectively.
SPINA Thyr is a free application that calculates GT and GD. Source code is provided for Lazarus and Free Pascal. The program is compatible with most desktop Linux distributions, Mac OS X and Windows.
- SimThyr is a continuous simulation program for pituitary-thyroid feedback control. Applications of this program cover research, including development of hypotheses, and education of students in biology and medicine, nurses and patients.
SimThyr is based on a physiologically-grounded nonlinear mathematical theory of thyroid homeostasis. The application supports simulation in time domain and various methods of sensitivity analysis.
Source code is provided for Lazarus and Free Pascal. The program is compatible with most desktop Linux distributions, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Sispread allows users to simulate the dynamics of an hypothetical infectious disease within a contact network of connected people. It is intended to help people concerned by public health to easily perform epidemic simulations and to analyze their results.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.