Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- 3dpl GE
- 3dpl GE the 3D Programming Language Gaming Environment, is mainly a learning tool for novice programmers and children. Aiming at reintroducing the concept of coding to computers the way we used to have BASIC on older systems, but this is 3D, it also features a Modeling tool which is similar to Minecraft, the models can then be programmed to do anything you want. This is a full featured language so it can be used for other applications such as CAD and just for playing games made in 3dpl. It is also real-time interpreted.
- Bibfilex is a bibliographic manager. It's useful for creating and managing archives of bibliographical items (books, articles, etc.) with possible attachments of any kind according to Biblatex structure and rules, but it can be used also with a word processor like Writer or Word.
Bibfilex may create and manage files which are catalogs of many items – also thousands of them. A file of Bibfilex is a database of SQLite. In a Bibfilex file data are not stored according to Biblatex format, so it cannot be used as a bibliographic file in a Latex document. Anyway, Biblatex may export with a one-click functionality all or part of its content in Biblatex format file; this can be read directly with JabRef or used in a Latex document. At the same time, Bibfilex may import directly a JabRef database.
- 'bingo-cards' lets you create number, word/letter, and picture bingo cards. They can be used for entertainment in the car, in a classroom (for example, to teach the element symbols for the Periodic Table), or just with your kids. You can also create cards with little pictures of everyday objects, then call the names out in Spanish, French, Italian, or German (or whatever you fancy).
- Canvas is a feature-rich learning management system.
- Claroline is a Web-based e-Learning platform that lets users or institutions host courses administered by professors or teachers through the Web. It features a quiz generator, calendar, file manager, forums, group area, course description, and more. It is available in 12 languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Danish, Swedish, Polish, Thai, and Chinese. The same server can host courses in different languages.
- This project handles the scheduling of classes for a college student. Unless overridden by the user, this program provides usable schedules and avoids schedule conflicts and closed sections. The user chooses the session (semester or quarter) and the courses, and blocks out any personal time needed for jobs, child care, sleeping, eating, etc.
Access to schools' schedules is via plugins that any Java programmer can write. Some plugins are provided, including one that can use comma separated values suitable for any college or university, and including one for demonstration purposes.
Plugins can access a school's web-based schedule of classes, but require maintenance because the web pages change. It is hoped that the open source nature of this software will lead to wider authoring and maintenance of plugins.
Some users have commented that this program provides "prettier" printed schedules than their school's own web page can provide.
- Diogenes is a set of Perl scripts designed to search the Latin and ancient Greek texts published on CD-Rom by the Packard Humanities Institute and the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae. Components include a Perl module, a command-line interface, and a CGI script with an HTTP server that is capable of delivering texts as HTML, PDF or GIF (via LaTeX). You can search by regular expressions, or in the case of the TLG, via the Greek word index. There is also a browser that can search on passages by location.
- Dr. geo
- Dr. Geo, a libre software to design & manipulate interactive geometric sketches with constraints.
Dr. Geo aim is to be an open, easy to study, modify and extend interactive geometry software. It is distributed with its source code you can modify while using it. Ten years old kids use Dr. Geo to explore Euclidean geometric sketch, agile kids extend and program it with its embedded dynamic Smalltalk language and user interface.
- DrPython is a highly customizable, simple, and clean editing environment for developing Python programs. It is intended primarily for use in schools, and is a tribute to DrScheme.
- FET is free software (using heuristic algorithms) for automatically generating the timetable of a school, high-school or university.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.