Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- Big Daddy's Math Drills
- Big Daddy's Math Drills is a cross platform set of simple text based drills in basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division tables featuring programmed instruction, adaptive learning, and user profiles.
- 'bingo-cards' lets you create number, word/letter, and picture bingo cards. They can be used for entertainment in the car, in a classroom (for example, to teach the element symbols for the Periodic Table), or just with your kids. You can also create cards with little pictures of everyday objects, then call the names out in Spanish, French, Italian, or German (or whatever you fancy).
- Blockly is a web-based, graphical programming editor. Users can drag blocks together to build an application. No typing required.
- Dr. geo
- Dr. Geo, a libre software to design & manipulate interactive geometric sketches with constraints.
Dr. Geo aim is to be an open, easy to study, modify and extend interactive geometry software. It is distributed with its source code you can modify while using it. Ten years old kids use Dr. Geo to explore Euclidean geometric sketch, agile kids extend and program it with its embedded dynamic Smalltalk language and user interface.
Just like other interactive geometry software such as Cabri, Cinderella, Geogebra, Carmetal, with Dr. Geo the user creates a geometric sketch and manipulates it according to its constraints. What sets Dr.Geo apart from the other geometry software is the possibility of studying and even modifying/extending its source code while s/he is using it to create a figure.
All in all, its philosophy is also to empower the user with direct access to the Dr. Geo arcane and programming. For example, with script, one can build a geometric sketch to compute the slope at an arbitrary location of a given curve. Or the user can describe a recursive curve with Smalltalk programmed sketch.
It is distributed as an universal portable application: you can install it in a usb stick and run it anywhere: Dr. Geo is Modify-me Ready! But don't be afraid, if you only want to design interactive sketch, Dr. Geo is intuitive and easy to use.
It is also tablet ready for both Android and iPad.
- GCompris is a complete educational suite for children from 2 to 10. It includes more than 40 activities. It is board-based and currently includes several boards. It offers activities dedicated to little kids like learning the mouse and keybord. It teaches letters, numbers, words, basic algebra training, reading time on an analog clock, vector drawing, and much more.
- 'JILetters' assists young children with learning the Western alphabet through visual and auditory means. It uses a phonic representation of each letter and cursive script to present the letters of the alphabet. It lets children memorise letters from visual cues.
- The KLogo-Turtle is a useful tool for teaching geometry and the basic principles of the programming of computer. Children can study the mathematics of geometry in an interactive and constructive way.
- Khan exercises
- Khan Academy has created a generic framework for building exercises. This framework, together with the exercises themselves, can be used completely independently of the Khan Academy application.
The framework exists in two components:
- An HTML markup for specifying exercises.
- A jQuery plugin for generating a usable, interactive, exercise from the HTML markup.
Using the Framework Locally
You need to serve the files from some sort of a server. You can't just open the files directly in a browser. For example:
cd khan-exercises python -m SimpleHTTPServer
cd khan-exercises python3 -m http.server
Now if you open your browser to `http://localhost:8000` (or `http://127.0.0.1:8000/`) you should see the contents of the `khan-exercises` directory. Navigate to the `exercises` subfolder, and an HTML file under there to see an exercise.
The process for writing exercises is rather well documented. More information about this process can be found in the Khan Exercises wiki. Specifically:
- 'Kronophobia' is a complete event-based school calendaring system that supports recurrence, transportation assignments, alerts, parent/public registration, custom reports, event tracking, and e-mail notification.
- 'ksociograma' is a tecnical software for teachers. It lets teachers make sociograms, a 2D network representation, for a group of students. It is very useful to understand and predict inter-group relations. The package is currently available in English, Italian and Spanish.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.