Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- Anki is a flashcard program which makes remembering things easy. Because it is a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.
Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos and scientific markup (via LaTeX), the possibilities are endless. For example:
- learning a language - studying for medical and law exams - memorizing people's names and faces - brushing up on geography - mastering long poems - even practicing guitar chords!
- This program is meant to help you learn to recognise foreign characters, taking just a few minutes each day. It remembers which characters you have recently found difficult and what you confuse them with. It uses a simple HTML user interface, the appearance of which can be customised by user-supplied stylesheets or normal browser customisation.
- Gradint is a program that can be used to make your own self-study audio tapes for learning foreign-language vocabulary. You can use it to help with a course, to prepare for speaking assignments, or just to keep track of the vocabulary you come across.
- Hanzim ("Hanzi Master") is an interactive visual dictionary for learning and seeing relationships between Chinese radicals, characters, and compounds. All the characters with a given radical, phonetic component, or pronunciation can be displayed, as well as all words containing a character, with English meanings. Either simplified or traditional characters can be used. The main character is displayed in a box near the center. Compounds employing it in the initial position are listed to its right; those employing it in the final position are listed to its left. Characters with the same radical are listed in the lower left, those with the same remaining component (character sans radical) in the middle, and those with the same pronunciation are on the right. Clicking on any character on the screen makes it the new main character. The text box just above the main character contains the pinyin representation of that character. You can click in there, type in a new pinyin string, and hit return to pull up the first character in the program's dictionary with that pronunciation. Hanzim can also be used as a dictionary (zidian and cidian). You can look up Chinese characters and compounds by radical or pinyin. It's faster and easier to look up characters and compounds with this program than with a conventional dictionary (either by stroke or pronunciation) or a pocket electronic translator. You can also look up compounds by typing English words in the definition area.
- Ignuit is a memorization aid based on the Leitner flashcard system. It has a GNOME look and feel, a good selection of quiz options, and supports UTF-8. Cards can include embedded audio, images, and mathematical formulae (via LaTeX). It can import and export several file formats, including CSV. Ignuit can be used for both long-term learning and cramming.
- 'kdrill' helps people learn Japanese 'Kanji' characters. It started as a simple multiple choice Kanji quiz program, to help people learn Japanese characters, but it now has different guess formats, history options, and a dictionary function. Users can look words up in Romaji, SKIP, four-corner, cut-n-paste, radical lookup, and English search.
- Katamotz Ejercicios
- Katamotz Ejercicios es un programa creado para tratar la dislexia y otros problemas de adquisición de la lectura y la escritura. Es un conjunto de ejercicios y juegos que hacen más ameno el tratamiento.
EN TOTAL KATAMOTZ_EJERCICIOS CONTIENE MÁS DE 16.000 TAREAS .
Ejercicios de meta-lingüística para formar una buena conciencia fonológica usando grafemas-fonemas, sílabas, palabras y frases.
Las actividades o juegos se exponen mediante sonidos, voces, texto e imágenes. Existen 49 ejercicios que gestionan unas 600 imágenes, cientos de frases, antónimos, sinónimos y adivinanzas. La mayoría de los ejercicios se generan bajo el criterio de las letras y las palabras que el maestro previamente a señalado. Es decir, que la maestra puede marcar qué grafemas se van a trabajar: trabadas, inversas, directas, etc... con cada alumno o alumna o qué palabras le interesan trabajar con el alumno. Muchas de las actividades se muestran a modo de juego usando laberintos, persecuciones, disparos, burbujas, etc...
1.- Las voces que usa Katamotz Ejercicios son grabaciones reales.
2.- Ahora es completamente libre. GNU GPL V3 No usa licencias privativas o restrictivas comercialmente.
3.- Incluye una fuente libre: KatamotzIkasi.ttf
- Pythoneol is an all-in-one program that helps English speakers learn Spanish. It features pronunciation, verb conjugation, a dictionary with over 70,000 words, a thesaurus, quizzes, full-text translation, idioms, a verb browser, and a large reference section.
- 'reciteword' is designed to help Chinese-speaking people study and learn English, particularly by reciting English words. It has an attractive interface which maintains the user's interest while practicing. It is skinnable, supports sound, and comes with over 400 books. Currently the program is in Chinese and supports learning only the English language. It is suitable for both secondary school students and adults.
- Step into Chinese
- Step Into Chinese is a flexible language-mining tool to assist English speakers seeking to understand Chinese language. The lack of a one-to-one correspondence between Chinese characters and the corresponding Pinyin is often regarded as the greatest difficulty facing learners of Chinese. Step Into Chinese has been designed to address exactly this difficulty.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.