Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- CGoban provides a large set of go-related services for *nix and X11. Functions include:
- Full functionality for viewing and editing SGF files
- Can connect to a go server over the Internet
- Can act as a bridge to a 'go' modem protocol
- When playing locally, you have a choice of rule sets and time controls
- ChessX is a chess database that allows you tobrowse, manage, and analyze chess games. It uses Qt library to create modern, portable graphical interface. Current development is aimed at providing full featured PGN database.
- Console Othello
- This program plays the classic board game Othello against you. Othello is played by two people (white and black) who take turns placing a single piece of their color on an 8x8 board. When a piece is placed in such a way as there exists a row (horizontal, diagnol, or vertical) of pieces of the opposite color capped on one side by your newly placed piece and on the other side by an existing piece of your color, the row of pieces are flipped over (Othello pieces are white on one side, black on the other). In fact, to make a move you must flip over at least one opposing piece.
- The X-Window program Danican lets you play international draughts. This game is slightly different from the one known as draughts in UK and checkers in US. Mainly: * Board is 10x10 instead of 8x8. * A man may capture backwards. * Majority capture precedes. * A king is a long-range piece. To get more information on the game, you may have a look at the International Draughts Federation's website.
- GNOME Mastermind
- GNOME Mastermind is a little game that i've written mainly for fun while i was learning some programming with gtk and cairo. At first i was not intentioned to share it, but now i think it has become quite stable so i decided to distribute it. I like it and i hope someone else would like it too. It is a Mastermind clone for the GNOME desktop.
- GRhino is a GUI Othello/Reversi game for the GNOME environment. The goal is to have a game with a strong AI, targeted to experienced players.
- Gamazons is a game played on a 10x10 chess board. Each side has four pieces (amazons) that move in a straight line in any direction. The winner is determined by who moves last. Each move consists of two parts. First an amazon moves to a new square and then fires an arrow to another square (in a straight line in any direction from the square the amazon landed on). The square the arrow lands on becomes a permanent block for the rest of the game. No one can move over it, or fire an arrow over it. Every turn an amazon must move and fire an arrow, so every turn there is one less square available on the board. You can block in your opponent, or section off a good chunk of the board for yourself. You can set it to play AI vs AI or whatever you like. There are also Auto Finish and Force Move defaults.
- glParchis is a 3D game of Parcheesi.
- Gnome Games
- There are sixteen games including card games, puzzle games, and arcade games. These games are designed to be simple but addictive \u2013 five minute games for when you need a break. The games include:
- Same GNOME
- Gnome Nine Men's Morris
- An implementation of the game "nine men's morris" for the Gnome desktop. It supports playing against the computer with adjustable strength. Features:
- a strong computer player,
- move takeback,
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.