Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- a2b is an abstract train game where you guide trains to their destination without letting them collide with each other. Each game is played on a set of tracks on which trains run at regular intervals. You pick a train and accelerate, brake, or stop as necessary to safely guide it to its destination. Since trains are continously being launched, more than 1 train will want to use the same section of a track, potentially leading to a collision. You must resolve this by making a train wait while you rush another train. As a last resort, you can send a train back to its base.
- ACM is a LAN-oriented, multiplayer aerial combat simulation. Players engage in air to air combat against one another using heat seeking missiles and cannons. The program has support for 16, 24, and 32 bit graphics cards.
- AirTraffic is a game that puts you into an air traffic controller's hotseat. Planes come into your airspace from various directions; you guide them safely to their final destinations. While not yet complete, the program is under active development; it currently consists of various server programs and a GTK/Gnome client. The client uses GTK/Gnome as its UI. The author welcomes contributions from UI designers and coders as well as individuals with air traffic experience.
- 'bitlife' implements Conway's Game of Life using boolean logic operations (and, or, not, xor). It does so by blits, thus running a Life game in every bitplane in parallel. Two implementations are available: a proof-of-concept one in Python and a useful one in C.
- Civil is a cross-platform, turnbased, networked strategy game that allows players to take part in scenarios set during the American Civil war. It simulates battles on a company level (roughly 100 men).
- Dynpet is a game that is similar to the Tamagotchi. It is a game in which you take care of a pet.
- Empire is a strategy wargame played by a number of people (usually between 4 and 100) on the internet connected to an Empire Server. It combines strategy, tactics as well as economics and diplomacy.
- 'Fireworkx' is a pyrotechnic eye-candy simulation that explodes in both X and SVGAlib atmospheres.
- FooBillard is a OpenGL-billard game with realistic physics. It supports 8-ball, 9-ball, carambol and snooker, and both computer opponent and network play. Visual features include reflections on balls, shadow pixmaps, detail switching of balls according to distance, and adjustments for eccentric hits.
- Strategic game that is more or less related to Civ II, only better.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.