Broaden your selection: Category/Hobbies
- gedcom4j is a Java library for loading (parsing) and saving GEDCOM 5.5 or 5.5.1 files to/from a Java object hierarchy, which can be manipulated by your code as you see fit.
Please note that gedcom4j is not an application. It is a library (jar file) that can parse, manipulate, and write GEDCOM data from your own Java programs.
- GeneWeb is a genealogy software with a Web interface. It can be used off-line or while connected to the Web. It uses efficient techniques of relationship and consanguinuity, can display pages in 19 different languages, and can run in conjunction with an existing Web server or standalone using its own internal Web server.
- Gramps (Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System) is a Gnome-based free genealogical research program. It has GEDCOM import/export capabilities, merge capabilities, built-in templates for generating Web pages, a soundex generator, a relationship generator, and a Python based plugin system which lets users extend the system.
- HTML Family Tree Generator
- 'HTML Family Tree Generator' is a pair of CGI scripts that create views of a family tree from a supplied data file. This data file is a simple text file that lists family members, parents, and other details. Users can show a tree of ancestors and descendants for any person with any number of generations. The program can also show email directories, birthdays, and more.
- LifeLines is a genealogy program to help with your family history research. Its primarily strengths are its powerful scripting language and the ability easily import and export information in the GEDCOM format.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.