Broaden your selection: Category/Internet-application
- AIM Sniff
- AIM Sniff is a utility for monitoring and archiving AIM and MSN messages across a network. It can be used to monitor for cases of harassment or warez trading. It has the ability to do a live dump (actively sniff the network) or read a PCAP file and parse the file for IM messages. You also have the option of dumping the information to a MySQL database or STDOUT. AIM Sniff will also monitor for an IM login and then perform an SMB lookup on the originating computer in order to match NT Domain names with IM login names (handles).
- Adblock Edge
- ***This addon has been discontinued
Reason: Discontinued in favor of uBlock, a general purpose blocker, that not only outperforms Adblock Edge but is also available on other browsers and, of course, without "Acceptable Ads Whitelist". Ublock Origin is also recommended, the main difference with Ublock is that "advanced mode" is available. This page will be kept for archival purposes. You can still contact me on GitHub or Bitbucket as Adstomper.***
Adblock Edge is a fork of the Adblock Plus version 2.1.2 extension for blocking advertisements on the web.
Adblock Edge was primarily branched off from Adblock Plus 2.1.2 source code package created by Wladimir Palant. It attempts to block all ads, unlike Adblock Plus which no longer blocks unobtrusive advertising by default.
- Adblock Plus
- Adblock Plus allows you to regain control of the Internet and view the web the way you want to. It is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.
- And-httpd is an HTTP server that maps URLs to files. In other words, in can take an incoming URL and map it to a file in a number of ways (for example, according to content type or language). It can also do authentication or IP based ACLs. It cannot do CGI or other kinds of code execution. It cannot even dynamically create directory listings (although it comes with external tools to do so automatically, and to create a "status page"). It currently has a $2000 "security guarantee" against remote attacks.
- 'apf' (active port forwarder) uses SSL for secure packet tunneling. It is meant for users without an external IP who want to make some services available on the Internet. afserver is placed on the machine with a publicly accessible address. afclient is then placed on the machine behind a firewall or masquerade, which makes the second machine visible to the Internet. You do not need root privileges to run afserver, nor does it use other processes. It uses 'zlib' to compress the transferred data.
- ArgusEye is a GUI for some of the features of Argus. Argus is a powerful suite of tools for transaction-based network auditing. ArgusEye aims at supporting daily work with Argus by providing a graphical user interface.
- arkOS is a lightweight Linux-based operating system, initially targeted to run on a Raspberry Pi, intended to make self-hosting server software as easy as possible. It has different components that interact to achieve these ends, chief among them an integrated application called Genesis which graphically manages the server and its components. With Genesis, users can easily add/remove server software, manage websites, change system settings and more from a reliable visual interface that's easy to use. arkOS puts a focus on user's experience, requiring no command line experience to run well. In the future, users will also be able to host their email accounts, chat accounts, and social networking profiles from an arkOS server just as easily.
- 'arpalert' listens on a network interface, catches all conversations of MAC address to IP request, and compares the MAc addresses it detected with a pre-configured list of authorized addresses. If the address is not on this list, arpalert launches an alert script with the MAC address and IP address as parameters. 'arpalert' can run in daemon mode and is very fast (low CPU and memory consumption). It responds at signal SIGHUP (configuration reload) and at signals SIGTERM, SIGINT, SIGQUIT and SIGABRT (Kwhere it stops itself).
- If you are a broadband or dial-up user who doesn't have a firewall script, you need to get one to protect yourself. AutoFW is intended to help you do that with no hassles. Many people when connecting to the internet need a firewall script made for them so they can surf the net without being susceptible to various attacks. Most, if not all (until now :-), of the existing scripts are written for a large range of requirements and require some tweaking to make them work for a specific user. However many users do not know which parameters to fill in the script config file. AutoFW intends to provide a simple firewall script that you just need to fire and forget. You make sure to run it on computer start-up or just before connecting to the net, and it will detect network condition and setup appropriate firewall rules for you. In order to be "smart" AutoFW has to be limited, the current scope of AutoFW are standard broadband connections, it will also cover dial-up users and stand-alone servers.
- Beef Taco (Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out)
- Sets permanent opt-out cookies to stop behavioral advertising for 100+ different advertising networks, including Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, all members of the Network Advertising Initiative, and many other companies.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.