Broaden your selection: Category/Internet-application
- Adblock Plus
- Adblock Plus allows you to regain control of the Internet and view the web the way you want to. It is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.
- Think of a radio station. Airtime is software that allows multiple people to run it over the internet. Airtime helps them manage the audio archive, upload files, create shows, manage staff, edit the programme calendar and cue playout. Designed specifically for independent media, it's free software.
- Amaya is a complete web browsing and authoring environment that comes equipped with a WYSIWYG interface. It lets users both browse and author valid Web pages. It supports HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0, XHTML Basic, XHTML 1.1, HTTP 1.1, MathML 2.0, many CSS 2 features, and SVG. It also includes a collaborative annotation application (RDF), and is fully internationalized.
- Bluhell Firewall
- All we know the availability of popular AdBlockers lying around... but frankly, these are too bloated with several features and options which most of us don't use beyond the defaults. So, this extension was made for those of us who don't care about all that stuff but does about just getting rid of all the nasty resources being loaded by websites.
This is a lightweight extension (ie, 30KB compared to ~700KB of other popular adblockers), which was made with performance in mind. No configurable options, subscriptions, additional features, etc It just block what can go to hell ;-)
How this is achieved is thanks to just seven hard-coded blocking rules covering about 8400 .com and .net domains, these were auto-generated from Easylist. That means, every time a certain resource wants to be loaded we will have to iterate through a list of seven compiled patterns, rather than for each entry from a common Easylist which contains hundreds of different items to check... You can now figure things out for yourself...
Next i'll let you decide if this is for you... as long performance is in your mind, it should.
You can turn the extension on/off at any time by clicking the toolbar button (Fx Desktop), or touching the menu item entry (Fx for Android)
- Breach is a modular and lightweight Web browser.
Everything in the browser is a module, a Web application running in its own process. Construct your own browsing experience by selecting the right modules for you.
- An X daemon maintaining a browser-independent global history of visited sites.
- Canvas is a feature-rich learning management system.
- 'Copyurlplus' extension for Firefox and Mozilla lets users copy the current document's address to the clipboard along with additional information such as the document's title, the current selection, or both. This is useful when you want to send a link to a friend by IM or email and don't want to copy the parts individually.
- debris is a free text mode HTML browser package. It provides support for tables and forms. It is a secure environment suited for public terminals, and is small (only 25% of the size of lynx) and fast.
- The dillo Web browser is a very fast, extremely small browser.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.