- A2K (formerly known as Accutron 2000) is a small, simple, and unobtrusive IRC bot. It is meant to do only a few things, do them well, and generally be seen and not heard. It is written in Python, and thus should theoretically run anywhere you have Python and a working TCP/IP stack.
- Automated File Retrieval (AFR) is a plugin for X-Chat. It is a queue-based file retrieval utility that can download files from many different types of file servers on IRC.
- AJAX Chat
- Atheism is a multi purpose Perl script for X-Chat. Its main features include auto-away functions with message logging, announcement of away reason and coming back, announcement of songs playing in XMMS on selected channels, a user-friendly interface, detailed documentation, the ability to automatically save configuration in a file, and more.
- 'AutoProfile' is an extension to Gaim that lets users create customized away messages and profiles that can include dynamic content such as fortune quotes, computer uptime, and timestamps. The managing system handles the automatic periodic update of content text. Users configure the system throough a GUI, then set an away message simply by typing "/away" into an IM window and "/back" to do the opposite.
- 'ayttm' is designed to become a Universal Instant Messaging client which will integrate all existing IM clients and provide a single consistent user interface. Currently, 'ayttm' supports sending and receiving messages in AIM, ICQ, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN, and Jabber. It also has file transfer between 'ayttm' users, and between users of 'ayttm' and users of the official MSN and Yahoo! clients. The project was formerly know as 'EveryBuddy.'
- 'BSFlite' is a minimalistic, line-based AIM client. It is designed with simplicity and efficiency in mind and thus utilises as little RAM and CPU time as possible in order to be friendly to multiuser systems. It uses the OSCAR protocol to communicate with the AIM service. Instead of having a full screen console interface, BSFlite uses a command shell interface that lets you type without needlessly sifting through windows. It supports most standard AIM features, except chat rooms and block lists.
- Babylon Java Chat is a client and server combo that allows groups to chat and draw over the Internet or local networks. The client can be used as a stand alone Javav application, or as an applet, which ,akes it simple to embed chat functionaloity in WWW documents. It features multi-colored graphics drawing ability, including freehand, lines, rectangles, ovals, and fonted text up to 120 pts. Users can interact publicly with everyone else on the server, or they can chat/draw privately useing the "whisper" mode. The server will store and manage answering machine style messages for users who aren't online, and users who aren't watching their screens can be paged. In theory one server is capacble of supporting any number of users. The Babylon chat server is normally operated in its GUI mode, but for convenience it can also be run as just a text-based application.
- Bitcoin-Qt is a multiplatform bitcoin client and wallet. Bitcoin is a network and a currency establishing a PKI for electronic cash transactions which is distributed P2P. To quote the developers, "Bitcoin is a decentralized P2P electronic cash system without a central server or trusted parties. Users hold the crypto keys to their own money and transact directly with each other, with the help of the network to check for double-spending."
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.