Broaden your selection: Category/Localization
- 'FarsiTeX' is a free Persian/English bidirectional typesetting system. It is not only very powerful in mathematical typesetting but also takes advantage of the powers of a generic markup language.
- 'Geiriadur' combines a dictionary lookup engine and a dictionary editing system. It's developed as a tool to create Welsh-Russian and Russian-Welsh dictionaries, but it can also be used for other languages. It consists of two components: a dictionary CORBA server and the Web interface for it. The system works through "words" and "translations". A "translation" is a pair of words or a word with explanation; a "word" means a string of letters without a space, possessing independent meaning in some language. Words can have transcription, attributes (gender, aspect etc.), and "stems" and irregular forms. Regular forms are produced dynamically during a search from "stems" and "endings". The system understands mutations and different spellings (American English, Middle Welsh etc.) If a direct search (with the first word in translations table) yields no results, the system performs an inverse search or asks the user to try a cross-search through a third language.
- 'gtranslator' offers a comfortable, colored, and easy way to edit gettext po files and all other flavours of po files (po.gz, mo/gmo) with many comfortable functions like find, replace, autoaccomplishment, query capability and personal learn buffer (TM). The GUI also a messages tree that lets you see the translations grouped by status (untranslated, fuzzy) and with customizable colors for the rows.
- The Hspell project is a free Hebrew linguistic project. Its first aim is to create a free Hebrew spell-checker, and a fully functional and already useful release 0.2 is now available (see below). However the databases and algorithms developed by the Hspell program could also be used as a morphology engine (for example, for search engines), and in the future (with much more work) for advanced things like Hebrew speech synthesis (for the blind who use a free operating system, but also useful for the general population)
- Hebrew Editor
- he Hebrew Editor package allows Hebrew-speaking users to create and edit Hebrew/English LaTeX documents. This package provides a text (terminal) based word processor which is extremely LaTeX-oriented. The editor also provides on-the-fly spell checking, multiple file editing, unlimited undo capability and much more. It has been in beta for a number of years, and is used by graduate students in the Technion Israel Institute of Technology for writing their Master's theses, composing tests and home assignments.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.