Broaden your selection: Category/Mathematics
- GiNaC is an acronym for GiNaC Is Not A CAS, where CAS stands for Computer Algebra System. It lets the user create integrated systems that embed symbolic manipulations together with more established areas of computers sciences under one roof. It has been specifically developed to become a replacement engine for xloops. However, it is not restricted to high energy physics applications. Its design is revolutionary in that contrary to other CAS it does not try to provide extensive algebraic capabilities and a simple programming language but instead accepts a given language (C++) and extends it by a set of algebraic capabilities.
- Giac/Xcas is a free computer algebra system. It has a compatibility mode for maple, mupad and the TI89. It is available as a standalone program (graphic or text interfaces) or as a C++ library.
- Gnu Math
- Also known as GNU ssl, Gnu Math is a software package designed to simplify programming for scientific applications. The primary focus is on numerical linear algebra and problems which may be solved with straight-forward application of these algorithms. Other aspects of the package deal with plotting and a few other topics. This project was a GNU package. It has since been decommissioned and is no longer developed.
- An interactive symbolic math program that can manipulate and simplify equations, scalars, vectors, and matrices of single and multiple valued algebraic expressions containing numbers, variables, radicals, and algebraic differential, and holonomic functions.
- 'MathStudio' is a project intended to make typing and resolution of mathematical expressions easier and more comfortable. Many other programs like this force the user to write input data using one row only (everything is typed at the same level, exponents and bases are on the same row) and use a lot of brackets to make the operation order explicit. Since this is very different from the math you do manually, the aim of this project is to reduce this gap providing both cross-platform libraries which can be embedded in other programs and a program, MathStudio, which demonstrates their usage.
- 'Mathomatic' is a small, portable, general purpose symbolic math program that can solve, simplify, combine, differentiate, and compare algebraic equations. It can do standard, complex number, and polynomial arithmetic, and is designed to be as general as possible, with few options.
- Common Lisp implementation of MIT's Macsyma system for computer based algebra.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.