Broaden your selection: Category/Network-hookup
- Alexis FTP (aftp)
- aftp is an FTP library and a background FTP tool. The aftp tool is a good example on how to use the library. You need FTP functionality in your software? Use the aftp library!
- ByteHoard is a remote file storage system that provides a Web-based interface for users to upload, download, edit, delete, and share their files. It uses a database for user details, registrations, etc., and needs PHP 4 or higher. It has a fully-featured admin interface, along with moderated registrations, automatic email notification, and template-based layouts.
- Chestnut FTP Search
- A Web application to search for files on FTP servers. Users can query files by part of the file name, the entire file name, a regular expression, or a shell pattern. To store file indexes, PostgreSQL or MySQL is used.
- 'cmdftp' is a command line FTP client with shell-like functions which uses passive mode only, works in local and remote mode transparently, tries to keep the connection alive, and supports multiple and recursive file transfers.
- File Service Protocol
- FSP is a UDP-based protocol for transferring files. It has many benefits over FTP, mainly for running anonymous archives. It is usable on lines with high packet loss ratio (70% WiFi), can go behind firewalls and unnoticed by port scans (because of UDP), does not overload networks when hosting ISOs or movies, share files on modem lines without eating all of the bandwidth, and keeps lamers away from your site (they don't know how to get to it). This project is an active continuation of the FSP code base (abandoned for the last 5 years).
- 'ftp-outboxd' sends files and directories placed in certain folders to other hosts. It can handle any number of spools, and can send to multiple hosts for each spool. It can also recursively handle subdirectories placed in the outgoing "hot folders". It deletes pending files upon successful transfer, and preserves and retries upon failure.
- ftputil is a high-level FTP client library for the Python programming language. ftputil implements a virtual file system for accessing FTP servers, that is, it can generate file-like objects for remote files. The library supports many functions similar to those in the os, os.path and shutil modules. ftputil has convenience functions for conditional uploads and downloads, and handles FTP clients and servers in different timezones.
- 'ftp.proxy' is an application level gateway for FTP. It allows either forwarding to a specific host or optional client side server selection w/o allowed host list, access and command control trough external programs.
- GProFTPD is a GNOME frontend for the ProFTPD standalone server.
- leafget is a network files downloader and manager for gnome with libgtkmm.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.