Broaden your selection: Category/Programming-language
- Amarok is a cross-platform multimedia player that uses the Phonon sound server framework to play audio media and streams, and features a fresh and efficient approach to playlist handling. The emphasis is on the quick and easy user interface, allowing for fast access to the media library.
- The AngelCode Scripting Library, or AngelScript as it is also known, is an extremely flexible cross-platform scripting library designed to allow applications to extend their functionality through external scripts.
Featuring a syntax similar to C/C++, it has been designed from the beginning to be an easy to use component, both for the application programmer and the script writer.
- Anjuta is a development IDE. Current features include project management, application wizards, an on-board interactive debugger, and a source editor with source browsing and syntax highlighting.
- Apache OpenOffice
- Apache OpenOffice, also known as "OpenOffice", is a free, office-document productivity suite providing six applications (Writer, Calc, Impress, Base, Draw and Math) based around ODF, the OpenDocument Format. OpenOffice is released on multiple platforms (GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris) and in dozens of languages.
- An IDE for the Arduino microcontroller. Arduino is a free software electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.
This IDE allows for program writing, code verfication, compiling, and uploading to the Arduino development board. Libraries and example code will also be installed.
- Aseprite is a pixel art editor. It was specifically designed for that task.
- Audacity is a cross-platform multitrack audio editor that lets you record sounds directly or import Ogg, WAV, AIFF, AU, IRCAM, or MP3 files.
It features a few simple effects, all of the editing features you should need, and unlimited undo. The GUI is built with wxWidgets and the audio I/O currently uses PortAudio.
- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology.
With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project.
Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor, parallel ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis, path-tracing for realistic image synthesis, network distributed framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools.
- BibleTime is a powerful cross platform Bible study tool. It uses the SWORD programming library to work with Bible texts, commentaries, dictionaries and books provided by the CrossWire Bible Society.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.