Broaden your selection:
- Airhook is a reliable data delivery protocol, like TCP. Unlike TCP, Airhook gracefully handles intermittent, unreliable, or delayed networks. Other features include session recovery, queue control, and delivery status notification. Airhook is useful for keeping connections running over bad wireless networks (like CDPD), intermittent dial-up connections, and any other network that doesn't work very well. The implementation includes a TCP proxy (so you can use HTTP, SSH, etc.) and a protocol library for applications that want more control (real-time media delivery, games, etc).
- DataStatix is a free software for GNU/Linux and Windows useful to manage data of every kind (although it has been written to manage biomedical data), to create descriptive statistics and graphs and to export items easily to R environment or to other statistic softwares. In order to handle properly big amount of data and many concurrent users, DataStatix works with MySql database and it has been developed and tested with MySql community edition 5.5. Some features of the software are: users management (create, delete, modify password) within the software; different users levels of data access (administrator, default, read only); user defined templates (models) of data, to create new databases easily; importation and esportation of data in CSV format (used also by Calc and Excel); updating of existing data from a CSV file created with DataStatix; descriptive statistics from every data (some more kind of statistics to come); graphs from every data.
- Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols, including Jabber (xmpp). You can tell it about your accounts on all those services and do all your chatting within one application. Empathy uses Telepathy for protocol support and has a user interface based on Gossip. Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME, making it easier for other GNOME applications to integrate collaboration functionality using Telepathy.
- nbworks is an implementation of NetBIOS, itself an incarnation of zeroconf networking. NetBIOS is an API that allows applications to find each other over a network and exchange information. nbworks consists of a deamon and a library. The daemon handles the peer discovery and parts of the serverside for information exchange. The library is linked into applications wishing to use NetBIOS and implements the rest of the NetBIOS functionality. The API that nbworks exports is meant to imitate the POSIX socket interface as closely as possible to enable easy usage by both experienced and novice programmers.
- 'net-snmp' provides tools and libraries relating to the Simple Network Management Protocol. The package includes an extensible agent, an SNMP library, tools to request or set information from SNMP agents, tools to generate and handle SNMP traps, and more.
- A PHP library/class to provide direct DNS query capability from PHP and an example client.
- POPauthd is a Perl-based daemon that uses POP to authorize connecting hosts for SMTP relaying. It is particularly useful to authenticate roaming users with IP addresses that change often. The daemon runs in the background, watching the syslog for successful POP logins. When it sees one, it enters the IP in sendmail's access database, giving the host authorization to relay through the server. The entries can be expired after a prescribed, configurable period of time with a companion script run via crontab. 'POPauthd' is designed to run on a FreeBSD server, but should work properly on any UNIX system. It will work with any POP3 daemon that's capable of writing successful POP logins to a log file.
- Pac manager
- PAC Manager is a secure connection manager with automatiions, which make it good GNU/Linux and free software replacement for SecureCRT and Putty. Some features include:
- Simple GUI to manage/launch connections to remote machines.
- Scripting possibilities, 'ala' SecureCRT
- Configurable Pre
- Pidgin (formerly GAIM) is a GTK based messenger. It is actively being developed and supports many common features of other clients, inlcuding many unique features.It also supports multiple protocols, including AIM (Oscar and TOC), Yahoo!, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Jabber (xmpp), Napster, Zephyr and IRC.
- The ROHC library implements the RObust Header Compression (ROHC) protocol as defined by the IETF. The ROHC protocol define a standardized method for compressing IPv4, IPv6, UDP, UDP-Lite and RTP network packet headers. It performs well over links where the packet loss rate is high, such as wireless links.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.