Broaden your selection: Category/Use
- Apache OpenOffice
- Apache OpenOffice, also known as "OpenOffice", is a free, office-document productivity suite providing six applications (Writer, Calc, Impress, Base, Draw and Math) based around ODF, the OpenDocument Format. OpenOffice is released on multiple platforms (GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris) and in dozens of languages.
- Aria Maestosa
- Compose, edit, and play MIDI files. Has a graphical user interface with multiple instrument-specific views.
- Atom is a text editor based on Web technologies, specifically the Chromium project. Atom has a modular design that is integrated around a minimal core, which makes it very flexible and extensible.
Warning: by default, Atom will send “anonymous” usage data to Google Analytics (operating system, Atom version, screen resolution, …). To change this, go to Preferences, search for the Metrics package and disable it.
- Audacity is a cross-platform multitrack audio editor that lets you record sounds directly or import Ogg, WAV, AIFF, AU, IRCAM, or MP3 files.
It features a few simple effects, all of the editing features you should need, and unlimited undo. The GUI is built with wxWidgets and the audio I/O currently uses PortAudio.
- audio convert is a script that converts between WAV, Ogg, MP3, MPC, FLAC, APE, and WMA files. It has an easy-to-use interface that makes it possible to fill in the tags for a few formats and choose the quality of compression. The script was initially designed for the Nautilus file browser and can be easily installed into Nautilus by copying it to the nautilus-scripts directory. You can then right-click on files and choose "audio-convert" from the "scripts" menu. The script is also known to work on rox or directly from a shell.
- Birdfont is a font editor which lets you create vector graphics and export TTF, EOT and SVG fonts.
- CV Assistant helps you create specialized resumes in Word .docx format fast and easy. The idea is to have a master resume with all skills and experiences in it. Then based on skills mentioned in the job advertisement, export a clean but well formatted word .docx file as a summarized resume with only relevant skills in it. This increases your chance of getting a job interview as most companies are using Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) or at best hiring managers which may be unaware of similarity between phrases like skilled in MS Word, familiar with Microsoft Word and Fully experienced with office suites. So job seekers need to create specialized resumes for each and every job position with the same wordings used in the advertisement. Add all your skills to CV Assistant, pick only relevant ones. It also creates cover letters! Again, write all possible sentences, and select those relevant ones per job post. CVAssistant helps you free of charge and this software remains for free!
- Calibre is an e-book manager that can view, convert, edit and catalog e-books in all of the major e-book formats.
It's a complete e-library solution that includes library management, e-book format conversion, newsfeed to e-book conversion, integrated e-book viewer, and synchronization with e-reader devices.
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- CopyQ is a rich, graphical clipboard manager.
- Store text, HTML, images and any other custom format.
- Customize tray menu.
- Save items in tabs or tree.
- Quickly browse through items (fast navigation, filtering with matched text highlighting).
- Sort items, create new, edit, remove, copy/paste to different tab.
- Variety of system-wide shortcuts (e.g. show main window or tray, edit clipboard, copy next/previous, paste as plain text).
- Immediately paste to focused window from tray or main window.
- Fully customizable appearance (colors, fonts, transparency).
- Advanced command-line interface and scripting.
- Ignore clipboard copied from some windows or containing some text.
- Apply custom commands on selected items or automatically when new matching clipboard content is available.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.