Broaden your selection: Category/Use
- Apache OpenOffice
- Apache OpenOffice, also known as "OpenOffice", is a free, office-document productivity suite providing six applications (Writer, Calc, Impress, Base, Draw and Math) based around ODF, the OpenDocument Format. OpenOffice is released on multiple platforms (GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris) and in dozens of languages.
- Aria Maestosa
- Compose, edit, and play MIDI files. Has a graphical user interface with multiple instrument-specific views.
- Atom is a text editor based on Web technologies, specifically the Chromium project. Atom has a modular design that is integrated around a minimal core, which makes it very flexible and extensible.
Warning: by default, Atom will send “anonymous” usage data to Google Analytics (operating system, Atom version, screen resolution, …). To fix this, go to Preferences, search for the Metrics package and disable it.
- Audacity is a cross-platform multitrack audio editor that lets you record sounds directly or import Ogg, WAV, AIFF, AU, IRCAM, or MP3 files.
It features a few simple effects, all of the editing features you should need, and unlimited undo. The GUI is built with wxWidgets and the audio I/O currently uses PortAudio.
- audio convert is a script that converts between WAV, Ogg, MP3, MPC, FLAC, APE, and WMA files. It has an easy-to-use interface that makes it possible to fill in the tags for a few formats and choose the quality of compression. The script was initially designed for the Nautilus file browser and can be easily installed into Nautilus by copying it to the nautilus-scripts directory. You can then right-click on files and choose "audio-convert" from the "scripts" menu. The script is also known to work on rox or directly from a shell.
- Calibre is an e-book manager that can view, convert, edit and catalog e-books in all of the major e-book formats.
It's a complete e-library solution that includes library management, e-book format conversion, newsfeed to e-book conversion, integrated e-book viewer, and synchronization with e-reader devices.
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- CopyQ is a rich, graphical clipboard manager.
- Store text, HTML, images and any other custom format.
- Customize tray menu.
- Save items in tabs or tree.
- Quickly browse through items (fast navigation, filtering with matched text highlighting).
- Sort items, create new, edit, remove, copy/paste to different tab.
- Variety of system-wide shortcuts (e.g. show main window or tray, edit clipboard, copy next/previous, paste as plain text).
- Immediately paste to focused window from tray or main window.
- Fully customizable appearance (colors, fonts, transparency).
- Advanced command-line interface and scripting.
- Ignore clipboard copied from some windows or containing some text.
- Apply custom commands on selected items or automatically when new matching clipboard content is available.
- Take simple text notes. You can put them into folders to create your own quick, easy and robust file structure.
CrocodileNote supports two modes - plain and encryption. In encryption mode all data is encrypted using password-based encryption (PKCS#5) with AES-256. These are common industry standards and used by, e.g., the famous TrueCrypt disk encryption.
In plain mode you can view and copy folders directly via PC from your internal SD card.
Further features: - Export to ZIP for backup - Linkify notes in case you store e-mail addresses, Internet addresses/URLs or phone numbers - Auto-logout switch for 30 minutes (encryption mode only)
- DelVj is a tool that provides real-time 3D composition and algorithmic video composition in which the computer composes 3D forms as indicated by the user as a virtual extension of the users mind. It can be given indications for the objects, videos, and effects, and the computer can do the rest. It features a GTK+ interface that runs puredata in the background, controls xmms, and allows tweaking of all patch parameters, recording of videos, and streaming to an Icecast server.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.