The Apache Commons Lang software library provides a host of helper utilities for the java.lang API, notably String manipulation methods, basic numerical methods, object reflection, concurrency, creation and serialization and System properties. Additionally it contains basic enhancements to java.util.Date and a series of utilities dedicated to help with building methods, such as hashCode, toString and equals. Current support includes:
- StringUtils - Helper for java.lang.String.
- CharSetUtils - Methods for dealing with CharSets, which are sets of characters such as [a-z] and [abcdez].
- RandomStringUtils - Helper for creating randomised Strings.
- NumberUtils - Helper for java.lang.Number and its subclasses.
- NumberRange - A range of numbers with an upper and lower bound.
- ObjectUtils - Helper for java.lang.Object.
- SerializationUtils - Helper for serializing Objects.
- SystemUtils - Utility class defining the Java system properties.
- NestedException package - A sub-package for the creation of nested exceptions.
- Enum package - A sub-package for the creation of enumerated types.
- Builder package - A sub-package for the creation of equals, hashCode, compareTo and toString methods.
released on 4 March 2014
This package is listed in the following Collections:
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Apache2.0||genium||5 January 2014|
This package includes software developed at The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/). It also includes software from the Spring Framework, under the Apache License 2.0 (see: StringUtils.containsWhitespace())
Leaders and contributors
|C. Scott Ananian||Contributor|
|Robert Burrell Donkin||Developer|
|Gary D. Gregory||Developer|
Resources and communication
|User||Mailing List Subscribe||mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Developer||Mailing List Subscribe||mailto:email@example.com|
|developer||VCS Repository Webview||https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/lang/trunk/|
|Required to use||Java 6.0|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 13 March 2014.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.