Free software is a cornerstone of any modern
free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
The Enstaller project is a replacement for setuptools that builds on top of it and adds significant features. It is based on setuptools 0.6c9. It starts from the setuptools source and adds the enstaller entry point as well as specific improvements such as:
- added support for removing a package
- added support for post-install and pre-uninstall scripts
- improved dependency resolution with enpkg.
- easy_install can now work through a proxy for both http and https urls.
- setup.py develop also runs post-install scripts and --uninstall runs pre-uninstall scripts
- easy_install and enpkg now prefer final releases of distributions over dev builds.
released on 18 May 2009
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|BSD 3Clause||Kelly Hopkins||11 August 2009|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 11 August 2009.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.