findwild is a utility program to search for files. It works quite differently from other file search programs you have seen. It has a GUI interface and can recall past searches. The following search criteria are available:
- directory path to search, with multiple wildcards ( * ? ) placed anywhere
- file name(s) to search for, with multiple wildcards anywhere
- file name(s) to exclude, with multiple wildcards anywhere
- file content string(s) to search for, with multiple wildcards anywhere
- file content string(s) to exclude, with multiple wildcards anywhere
- file creation/modification date within a desired range
- your choice of delimiters for search strings (defaults provided)
- search the list of files produced by the previous search
released on 1 June 2008
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3||Kelly Hopkins||16 October 2009|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 16 October 2009.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.