A UPnP compatible media server.
GMediaServer is a UPnP compatible media server that serves audio and video files to certain network connected media players. Most hardware media players only play music or video - they don't provide the media themselves. Those media files have to come from a device on the network. GMediaServer is a server for such UPnP compatible media players, including:
- NETGEAR Wireless Digital Music Player (MP101)
- Linksys Wireless-B Music System (WMLS11B) and Wireless-B Media Link for Music (WML11B)
- Philips Streamium SL300i, Streamium RC9800i, Streamium SLA5520, SLA5500
- Omnifi DMS1
- SMC EZ Stream 11Mbps Wireless Audio Adaptor (SMCWAA-B)
- D-Link DSM-520 Wireless HD Media Player
- Roku SoundBridge Network Music Player M1000
- Terratec NOXON audio, NOXON 2 audio
- Pinnacle ShowCenter 200
- Logik IR100
- Denon AVR-4306
- Nokia 770 Internet Tablet.
It is part of the GNU project.
This is a GNU package:gmediaserver
released on 10 November 2007
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3||genium||5 September 2015|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gmediaserver/?root=gmediaserver|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 5 September 2015.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.