h5utils is a set of utilities for visualization and conversion of scientific data in the free, portable HDF5 format. Programs included are:
- h5totxt and h5fromtxt: convert HDF5 datasets to/from ASCII text (e.g. comma- or tab-delimited).
- h5topng: convert 2d slices of HDF5 datasets to PNG images, with a variety of color tables and other options.
- h5tov5d: convert HDF5 datasets to the format used by the free 3d+ visualization tool Vis5d.
- h5tovtk: convert HDF5 datasets to VTK format for use by the free Visualization ToolKit (along with supporting programs like MayaVi).
- h5read.oct: a plug-in for GNU Octave (a Matlab-like program) to read 2d slices of HDF5 datasets. (The latest versions of Octave also include native support for HDF5.)
- h5fromh4: convert HDF (version 4) datasets to HDF5; mostly superseded by the h4toh5 program included with recent versions of HDF5.
- Please note that the programs to convert to/from PNG, Vis5d, GNU Octave, and HDF(4) will only be built if the corresponding libraries/programs are installed.
released on 5 August 2004
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|X11||Janet Casey||11 March 2002|
Leaders and contributors
|Steven G. Johnson||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Required to use||HDF5|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 7 January 2008.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.