Free software is a cornerstone of any modern
free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
IndexedCatalog provides indexing and allows queries for objects based on attributes. Which is accomplished by indexing all fields by type (string/integer/float) and by a simple query language. The IndexedCatalog does not require any additional extensions apart from the ZODB, and it made for applications that use StandaloneZODB and not Zope. It is completely untested with Zope at this time. Features:
- Provides a Shelf, which aggregates queries and is a front-end to all IC features.
- Provides a Catalog class that stores objects and offers a query interface.
- Provides Indexes for Strings, Floats, Integers, Dates and Instances.
- Requires very little change to objects for catalogs and indexes to work: basically inherit from IndexedCatalog.IndexedObject, add some special attributes to the Classes, and use catalog.insert() to add the instances to the catalogs.
- Supports composite objects, initializing and indexing sub-objects automatically.
- Supports queries by type, and allows querying sub-object or referenced object attribute values.
- Allows ordering query results by field, both ascending and descending.
- Using Distutils means miminal effort to install.
- IRC Help channel
released on 9 October 2009
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|LGPLv2.1orlater||Kelly Hopkins||27 October 2009|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||Bug Tracking||http://bugs.async.com.br/enter_bug.cgi?product=IndexedCatalog|
|General||Mailing List Subscribe||http://www.async.com.br/mailman/listinfo/indexedcatalog|
|General||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://www.async.com.br/pipermail/indexedcatalog|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 27 October 2009.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.