KDevelop is a C/C++ development environment which facilitates the creation and development of GNU Standard Applications. The current release includes:
- Users can add, replace and remove functionality without changing the core source code
- Supports profiles which determine which plugins should be loaded
- Native non-intrusive qmake and automake support
- Supports ant (Java build tool) and extra project types like pascal, haskell, ada and scripting projects
- File wizard to manage file templates and create new files
- Includes compiler plugins thatdefine compiler options
- Configuration profiles that specify different compilers, compiler flags, build directories, target architecture, etc.
- Problem reporter which reports problem as you type, a class browser that displays a hierarchy of classes and other symbols, and a language parser that feeds them.
- Supports 15 different programming languages
- C++- specific features including 'make member,' 'extract interface,' and 'subclassing'
- A syntax-highlighting editor
- GDB and Java debugger frontends; integrated GDB console
- CVS, Subversion, Perforce, and ClearCase support
- Works with any editor which implements KDE KTextEditor
- Application wizard generates complete sample applications
- Templates for each supported language and build system
DocumentationUser manual available from http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdevelop/kdevelop/; Programmer's manual available from http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/api/html/ User tutorials available from http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=tutorials.html User FAQ available in HTML formt from http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=faq.html
released on 1 January 2006
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Janet Casey||15 August 2001|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=kdevelop|
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=branches_compiling.html|
|Required to build||G++ 2.95.3 or later; GNU make; perl 5.004; autoconf 2.52 or later; automake 1.6 or later; flex 2.5.4; KDE 3.0.2 or later; Qt 3.05 or later; Berkley DB 3.0 to/including 4.1|
|Weak prerequisite||sgml tools 1.0; glimpse 4.1; kdoc; a2ps 4.11; enscript; KDBg; KIconEdit; Gv|
|Weak prerequisite||Ghostview or KGhostview; CVS 1.10.6|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 7 October 2008.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.