Kepler is a library of C routines for astronomical calculations. It features the following:
- The entire VSOP87 theory for calculating the positions of the eight planets.
- The entire ELP 2000-82B theory for calculating the position of the Moon.
- An analytical theory for calculating Pluto's position for the period 1700AD-2100AD.
- The ability to convert osculating orbital elements to heliocentric coordinates.
- The latest IAU 2006 precession and IAU 2000A nutation models.
- Routines for calculating sidereal time using the current IAU resolutions.
- An implementation of the Ron/Vondrak theory of annual aberration.
- Routines for Julian date calculations.
- Routines for coordinate transformations, rotations and parallax corrections.
released on 9 March 2010
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||Kelly Hopkins||10 March 2010|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||Bug Tracking||http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=kepler|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 10 March 2010.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.