The mu/mu4e project is a mail system designed for dealing enormous amounts of e-mail messages.
It provides a maildir indexer and searcher based on Xapian and an emacs-based e-mail client written on top of it. It also allows bindings for scripting with the Scheme programming language, advanced processing of data, and doing all kinds of statistics.
- mu-for-emacs (mu4e): a full-featured e-mail client that runs inside emacs
- mu-guile: bindings for the Guile/Scheme programming language
- a toy GTK+-interface called mug (in the ‘toys/’ subdir)
DocumentationMain commands are:
- mu index: recursively scans a collection of email messages, and stores information found in a database.
- mu find: searches for messages based on some search criteria.
- mkmdir: creates a new Maildir.
released on 20 January 2016
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3||Genium||31 July 2014|
Leaders and contributors
|Dirk-Jan C. Binnema (aka djcb)||maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||https://github.com/djcb/mu|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 22 January 2016.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.