a YAML parser and emitter for Python.
- a complete YAML 1.1 parser. In particular, PyYAML can parse all examples from the specification. The parsing algorithm is simple enough to be a reference for YAML parser implementors.
- Unicode support including UTF-8/UTF-16 input/output and \u escape sequences.
- low-level event-based parser and emitter API (like SAX).
- high-level API for serializing and deserializing native Python objects (like DOM or pickle).
- support for all types from the YAML types repository. A simple extension API is provided.
- both pure-Python and fast LibYAML-based parsers and emitters.
- relatively sensible error messages.
released on 28 August 2016
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Expat||Kelly Hopkins||19 November 2009|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 19 February 2017.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.