The software distribution system that works differently. rootz mounts complete live distros over the web, and makes them available locally. Attach your local GNU/linux system to various mirrors and simply run applications, without any installation or prior downloads!
- True "on demand" mechanism that does not require full download of the software but fetches only the needed files.
- No special repackaging is needed (as opposed to klik, zero install or autopackage).
- Support multiple mixed images - run experimental apps from debian sid side by side with ubuntu stable app, fedora, mepis, sabayon and more.
- Integrated - launch all the apps from your normal desktop or browser
- Secured - unchanged, isolated (chrooted) images.
Documentationhttp://vamosproject.org/rootz/faq and http://vamosproject.org/rootz/install
released on 21 February 2009
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2||Kelly Hopkins||21 February 2009|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 21 February 2009.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.