Tilt is a thin interface over a bunch of different Ruby template engines in an attempt to make their usage as generic possible. This is useful for web frameworks, static site generators, and other systems that support multiple template engines but don't want to code for each of them individually. The following features are supported for all template engines (assuming the feature is relevant to the engine):
- Custom template evaluation scopes / bindings
- Ability to pass locals to template evaluation
- Support for passing a block to template evaluation for "yield"
- Backtraces with correct filenames and line numbers
- Template file caching and reloading
- Fast, method-based template source compilation
- The primary goal is to get all of the things listed above right for all template engines included in the distribution.
Documentationsee README file
released on 11 April 2010
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Expat||Kelly Hopkins||24 May 2010|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 24 May 2010.