Wview Weather System
wview Weather System
wview is an application for weather stations. It archives weather data from the station. Generates full html web sites with graphics. ftp/ssh export capability. MySQL/PostgreSQL archiving. International. Weather alarms. Data feed. RSS feed. Features:
- 24x7x365 reliability.
- Fast image and HTML/XML file generation.
- Non-GUI, headless, lightweight (size and resources).
- Embeddable - can be deployed on low-power embedded systems such as the Linksys NSLU2.
- Multi-Lingual - HTML/XML templates, labels and text.
- US (Imperial) or Metric Units - can be easily configured for metric or US units of measure.
- SQL Storage - archive data may be stored in a relational database (MySQL or PostGreSQL). This does not replace the use of the WLK binary files but is an export-only capability.
- Remote Upload - web pages and images can be transferred to a remote web server via an ftp or secure ssh process included with wview.
- Alarms - the wview alarm daemon wvalarmd can be enabled to deliver current conditions to TCP socket clients as a near real-time data feed engine. wvalarmd can also be configured to function as a weather data alarm generator to user specified scripts or binaries.
- CWOP - can be configured to submit data to CWOP.
- Wunderground - can be configured to submit data to Wunderground.
- Awekas - can be configured to submit data to Awekas.
- Weatherforyou - can be configured to submit data to Weatherforyou.
- RSS Feeds - processes XML template files and includes a default weather data RSS feed template.
released on 18 December 2008
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2||Kelly Hopkins||18 December 2008|
|X11||Kelly Hopkins||18 December 2008|
Leaders and contributors
|Mark S. Teel||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 18 December 2008.