Wview Weather System
wview Weather System
wview is an application for weather stations. It archives weather data from the station. Generates full html web sites with graphics. ftp/ssh export capability. MySQL/PostgreSQL archiving. International. Weather alarms. Data feed. RSS feed. Features:
- 24x7x365 reliability.
- Fast image and HTML/XML file generation.
- Non-GUI, headless, lightweight (size and resources).
- Embeddable - can be deployed on low-power embedded systems such as the Linksys NSLU2.
- Multi-Lingual - HTML/XML templates, labels and text.
- US (Imperial) or Metric Units - can be easily configured for metric or US units of measure.
- SQL Storage - archive data may be stored in a relational database (MySQL or PostGreSQL). This does not replace the use of the WLK binary files but is an export-only capability.
- Remote Upload - web pages and images can be transferred to a remote web server via an ftp or secure ssh process included with wview.
- Alarms - the wview alarm daemon wvalarmd can be enabled to deliver current conditions to TCP socket clients as a near real-time data feed engine. wvalarmd can also be configured to function as a weather data alarm generator to user specified scripts or binaries.
- CWOP - can be configured to submit data to CWOP.
- Wunderground - can be configured to submit data to Wunderground.
- Awekas - can be configured to submit data to Awekas.
- Weatherforyou - can be configured to submit data to Weatherforyou.
- RSS Feeds - processes XML template files and includes a default weather data RSS feed template.
released on 18 December 2008
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2||Kelly Hopkins||18 December 2008|
|X11||Kelly Hopkins||18 December 2008|
Leaders and contributors
|Mark S. Teel||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 18 December 2008.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.