Zutils is a collection of utilities able to deal with any combination of compressed and non-compressed files transparently. If any given file, including standard input, is compressed, its decompressed content is used. Compressed files are decompressed on the fly; no temporary files are created. These utilities are not wrapper scripts but safer and more efficient C++ programs. In particular the "--recursive" option is very efficient in those utilities supporting it.
The provided utilities are:
- Decompresses and copies files to standard output.
- Decompresses and compares two files byte by byte.
- Decompresses and compares two files line by line.
- Decompresses and searches files for a regular expression.
- Tests integrity of compressed files.
Documentation* Online manual
version 1.0 rc1
released on 18 January 2012
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv3orlater||Jgay||22 October 2009|
Leaders and contributors
|Antonio Diaz Diaz||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Bug tracking mailing list||Bug Tracking||http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/zutils-bug|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 19 March 2012.