Affinty is a desktop search tool, which hopes to provide a quick way to get at all the different information on your desktop. It achieves this by having various back-ends, but implemented through one standard interface.
- Front-end to both the Beagl and Tracker desktop search engines.
- Has actions (configurable through Desktop files), which speed up common tasks.
- Has built-in, user-configurable, filters which work in the the entry box, so typing pics:london will only bring up pictures.
- Super-fast application searching through an built-in list of applications.
- Colours can be customised to your taste.
- Lives in the system-tray, but can be called by a global key stroke. Default is Ctrl+Alt+a, but you can change it to anything you like!
released on 16 March 2007
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Ted Teah||22 March 2007|
Leaders and contributors
|Neil J. Patel||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://code.google.com/p/affinity-search/issues/list|
|Required to build||libgnome|
|Required to build||gconf-2.0|
|Required to build||gnome-desktop|
|Required to build||gnome-vfs-2.0|
|Required to build||gtk+2.0 >=2.10|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 22 March 2007.