Avant Window Navigator
Avant Window Navgator (Awn) is a dock-like bar which sits at the bottom of the screen (in all its composited-goodness) tracking open windows.
Awn uses libwnck to keep a track of open windows, and behaves exactly like a normal window-list:
- Clicking an icon switches to that window, clicking again will minimise the window
- Right-clicking will bring up a menu extactly like that of what you see on the window-list, allowing you to max, min, close, resize etc the window.
- Dragging something on top of an icon will activate that window.
- Visually (and quite attractively) responds to 'needs attention' & 'urgent' events
- Can show windows from the entire viewport, or just the visible viewport.
released on 27 November 2013
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Ted Teah||2 February 2007|
Leaders and contributors
|Neil J. Patel||Maintainer|
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||https://answers.launchpad.net/awn/+addquestion|
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||https://bugs.launchpad.net/awn/+filebug|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 16 December 2016.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.