an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas.
Avogadro is an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers flexible high quality rendering and a powerful plugin architecture.
- International: Translations into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and others, with more languages to come.
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts.
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, input generation for multiple computational chemistry packages, crystallography, and biomolecules.
- IRC general channel
released on 2 May 2010
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|Other||Kelly Hopkins||13 September 2010|
|GPLv2||Kelly Hopkins||13 September 2010|
|LGPLv2orlater||Kelly Hopkins||13 September 2010|
|BSD 3Clause||Kelly Hopkins||13 September 2010|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|General||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=avogadro-discuss|
|Bug Tracking||Bug Tracking||http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=835077&group_id=165310&func=browse|
|General||Mailing List Subscribe||mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 13 September 2010.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.