free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
The Bluetooth wireless technology is a worldwide specification for a small-form factor, low-cost radio solution that provides links between mobile computers, mobile phones, other portable handheld devices, and connectivity to the Internet. The specification is developed, published and promoted by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group. BlueZ provides support for the core Bluetooth layers and protocols. It is flexible, efficient and uses a modular implementation. It has many interesting features:
- Complete modular implementation
- Symmetric multi processing safe
- Multithreaded data processing
- Support for multiple Bluetooth devices
- Real hardware abstraction
- Standard socket interface to all layers
- Device and service level security support
Currently BlueZ consists of many seperate modules:
- Bluetooth kernel subsystem core
- L2CAP and SCO audio kernel layers
- RFCOMM, BNEP, CMTP and HIDP kernel implementations
- HCI UART, USB, PCMCIA and virtual device drivers
- General Bluetooth and SDP libraries and daemons
- Configuration and testing utilities
- Protocol decoding and analysis tools
DocumentationDeveloper documentation is at http://www.bluez.org/development.html, User documentation is at http://www.bluez.org/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.holtmann.org%2Flinux%2Fbluetooth%2F and additional documentation is at http://www.bluez.org/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbluez.sf.net%2Fcontrib%2FHOWTO-PAN
released on 1 January 1970
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2||Ted Teah||17 November 2005|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug Tracking||VCS Repository Webview||http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=26526|
|Help||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/bluez-announce|
|Developer||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/bluez-devel|
|Support||Mailing List Info/Archive||http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/bluez-users|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 17 November 2005.