Broaden your selection: Category/Audio
- Think of a radio station. Airtime is software that allows multiple people to run it over the internet. Airtime helps them manage the audio archive, upload files, create shows, manage staff, edit the programme calendar and cue playout. Designed specifically for independent media, it's free software.
- Ardour is a professional multitrack/multichannel audio recorder and DAW for GNU/Linux, using ALSA-supported audio interfaces. It supports up to 32 bit samples, 24+ channels at up to 96kHz, full MMC control, a non-destructive, non-linear editor, and LADSPA plugins.
- CYTHAR is multi-platform, pattern-oriented, polyphonic MIDI step-sequencer, which makes its own path. 16 parallel patterns with six tracks and 16 bars -- equating to 256 bars and 96 tracks. The six pattern tracks imitate the strings of a guitar and will be tuned e.g. to “EAdgbe”.
For example, you can set a guitar chord to a pattern tune and then by enabling a few events or triggers the sequencer will start a solo or plays with the chords. You can program drum sets, melodies, arpeggios and complete songs.
- Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included in the package.
- Lauloid is a singing synthesis program based on libsms. It aims to replace the nonfree programs VOCALOID and UTAU while maintaining compatibility.
- ng-jackspa is a set of simple user interface programs that host a LADSPA plugin, providing JACK ports for its audio inputs and outputs, and dynamic setting of its control inputs through the user interface. Additionally, the plugin controls can be exported to or controlled by control voltages on standard JACK audio ports. The following interfaces are available: an ncurses visual (full screen) interface for the terminal; a GTK+ graphical interface; a Qt 4 graphical interface; and a command line interface for the terminal.
- Perl Audio Converter
- Perl Audio Converter (PAC) is a tool for converting multiple audio types from one format to another. It supports MP2, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Shorten, Monkey Audio, FAAC (AAC/M4A/MP4), Musepack (MPC), Wavpack (WV), OptimFrog (OFR/OFS), TTA, LPAC, Kexis (KXS), AIFF, AC3, Lossless Audio (LA), BONK, AU, SND, RAW, VOC, SMP, RealAudio (RA/RAM), WAV, and WMA. It can also convert audio from the following video formats/extensions: RM, RV, ASF, DivX, MPG, MKV, MPEG, AVI, MOV, OGM, QT, VCD, VOB, and WMV. A CD ripping function with CDDB support, batch and playlist conversion, tag preservation for most supported formats, independent tag reading/writing, and extensions for Konqueror and amaroK are also provided.
- The Psychosynth project aims to create an interactive modular soft-synth inspired by the ideas of the Reactable. We will try to provide a clean object oriented API to allow the creation of new innovative interfaces for the synthetizer and a 3D simulator of a Reactable-alike device with support for collaborative music creation over the internet. Our main goal is to create a free software alternative to allow newbies, developers and professionals explore new ways of making music. It is also important to build a comunity to ease the comunication between we, software devolopers, and electronic music makers, who can provide insightfull ideas on how to turn new experimental features into usefull and creative tools.
- 'rexima' is a curses-based interactive mixer which can also be used from the command-line. It runs on any terminal with a screen size greater than 80x24. It is intended to be a simple, general, usable mixer without all the chrome usually present in other mixers.
- SDL is a library that allows you portable low-level access to a video framebuffer, audio output, mouse, and keyboard. With SDL, it is easy to write portable games for various operating systems.