- [[category/Audio /cd-burning|cd-burning]]
- [[category/Audio /cd-copying|cd-copying]]
- [[category/Audio /cd-playing|cd-playing]]
- [[category/Audio /editor|editor]]
- [[category/Audio /mixing|mixing]]
- [[category/Audio /mp3|mp3]]
- [[category/Audio /ogg-vorbis|ogg-vorbis]]
- [[category/Audio /waveform-manipulation|waveform-manipulation]]
- Think of a radio station. Airtime is software that allows multiple people to run it over the internet. Airtime helps them manage the audio archive, upload files, create shows, manage staff, edit the programme calendar and cue playout. Designed specifically for independent media, it's free software.
- Ardour is a professional multitrack/multichannel audio recorder and DAW for GNU/Linux, using ALSA-supported audio interfaces.
It supports up to 32 bit samples, 24+ channels at up to 96kHz, full MMC control, a non-destructive, non-linear editor, and LADSPA plugins.
- Audacity is a cross-platform multitrack audio editor that lets you record sounds directly or import Ogg, WAV, AIFF, AU, IRCAM, or MP3 files.
It features a few simple effects, all of the editing features you should need, and unlimited undo. The GUI is built with wxWidgets and the audio I/O currently uses PortAudio.
- audio convert is a script that converts between WAV, Ogg, MP3, MPC, FLAC, APE, and WMA files. It has an easy-to-use interface that makes it possible to fill in the tags for a few formats and choose the quality of compression. The script was initially designed for the Nautilus file browser and can be easily installed into Nautilus by copying it to the nautilus-scripts directory. You can then right-click on files and choose "audio-convert" from the "scripts" menu. The script is also known to work on rox or directly from a shell.
- CYTHAR is multi-platform, pattern-oriented, polyphonic MIDI step-sequencer, which makes its own path. 16 parallel patterns with six tracks and 16 bars -- equating to 256 bars and 96 tracks. The six pattern tracks imitate the strings of a guitar and will be tuned e.g. to “EAdgbe”.
For example, you can set a guitar chord to a pattern tune and then by enabling a few events or triggers the sequencer will start a solo or plays with the chords. You can program drum sets, melodies, arpeggios and complete songs.
- Cursynth is a polyphonic music synthesizer that runs graphically inside your terminal. You can play Cursynth as a standalone soft-synth with your computer keyboard or MIDI keyboard.
- DelVj is a tool that provides real-time 3D composition and algorithmic video composition in which the computer composes 3D forms as indicated by the user as a virtual extension of the users mind. It can be given indications for the objects, videos, and effects, and the computer can do the rest. It features a GTK+ interface that runs puredata in the background, controls xmms, and allows tweaking of all patch parameters, recording of videos, and streaming to an Icecast server.
- dirogg is a script to migrate your entire music collection to the Ogg Vorbis format. It's a recursive script, meaning that you run it from the top level of your music directories, and it will automatically recurse and convert all MP3 files to Ogg.
- Free Software command-line tools for audio playback, processing, and whatever else related to audio. dtas follows the worse-is-better philosophy and acts as duct tape to combine existing command-line tools for flexibility and ease-of-development. dtas is currently implemented in Ruby (and some embedded shell), but may use other languages in the future. Currently, primarily wraps sox commands but may also use ecasound (or any command-line driven audio processing tools).
- Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included in the package.