Broaden your selection: Category/Biology
- E-CELL Simulation Environment
- E-Cell System is an object-oriented software suite for modelling, simulation, and analysis of large scale complex systems such as biological cells. It allows many components, driven by multiple algorithms with different timescales, to coexist. The core library is written in C++ with a Python binding, and frontend software uses Python.
- The Genetic Algorithm Utility Library (GAUL) is a programming library designed to assist in the development of code requiring genetic algorithms. The steady-state, generation based and the island model of evolution are supported, using the Darwinian, Lamarkian or Baldwininan evolutionary schemes. Standard mutation, crossover and selection operators are provided, while code hooks additionally allow custom operators. It provides data structures and functions for handling and manipulation of the data required for a genetic algorithm. Additional stochastic algorithms are provided for comparison to the genetic algorithms. Much of the functionality is also available through a simple S-Lang interface.
- GENtle is bioinformatics software for everyday molecular biology tasks. It features DNA and amino acid sequence display and editing, database management, plasmid maps, restriction and ligation, alignments, sequencer data import, calculators, gel image display, primer design, virtual PCR, online database access, and more.
- Open BEAGLE
- Open BEAGLE is an evolutionary computation framework. It provides an Object-Oriented software environment enabling the implementation of almost any kind of evolutionary algorithm, such as genetic algorithms and genetic programming. The only necessary condition is to have a population of individuals to which a sequence of evolving operations is iteratively applied. So far, two specialized frameworks have been implemented: genetic algorithms and genetic programming. An evolution strategies framework is also planned for a future release.