Broaden your selection: Category/Biology
- BamTools provides both a programmer's API and an end-user's toolkit for handling genome alignment files in the BAM and SAM format. A BAM file (.bam) is the binary version of a SAM file. A SAM file (.sam) is a tab-delimited text file that contains sequence alignment data.
- A python toolkit providing best-practice pipelines for fully automated high throughput RNA sequencing analysis. It can work with BWA, .bam or .fastq files.
- E-CELL Simulation Environment
- E-Cell System is an object-oriented software suite for modelling, simulation, and analysis of large scale complex systems such as biological cells. It allows many components, driven by multiple algorithms with different timescales, to coexist. The core library is written in C++ with a Python binding, and frontend software uses Python.
- Lightweight, super fast C/C++ library for sequence alignment using edit distance.
- The Genetic Algorithm Utility Library (GAUL) is a programming library designed to assist in the development of code requiring genetic algorithms. The steady-state, generation based and the island model of evolution are supported, using the Darwinian, Lamarkian or Baldwininan evolutionary schemes. Standard mutation, crossover and selection operators are provided, while code hooks additionally allow custom operators. It provides data structures and functions for handling and manipulation of the data required for a genetic algorithm. Additional stochastic algorithms are provided for comparison to the genetic algorithms. Much of the functionality is also available through a simple S-Lang interface.
- GENtle is bioinformatics software for everyday molecular biology tasks. It features DNA and amino acid sequence display and editing, database management, plasmid maps, restriction and ligation, alignments, sequencer data import, calculators, gel image display, primer design, virtual PCR, online database access, and more.
- Open BEAGLE
- Open BEAGLE is an evolutionary computation framework. It provides an Object-Oriented software environment enabling the implementation of almost any kind of evolutionary algorithm, such as genetic algorithms and genetic programming. The only necessary condition is to have a population of individuals to which a sequence of evolving operations is iteratively applied. So far, two specialized frameworks have been implemented: genetic algorithms and genetic programming. An evolution strategies framework is also planned for a future release.
- PrIME (Probabilistic Integrated Models of Evolution) is a package supporting inference of evolutionary parameters in a Bayesian framework using Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation. A distinguishing feature of PrIME is that the species tree is taken into account when analyzing gene trees.
The input data to PrIME is a multiple sequence alignment in FASTA format and the output data contains trees in Newick format.
- Primer Pooler
- This is a program for cancer researchers and others who want to use Multiplex PCR (polymerase chain reaction) to study DNA samples, and wish to optimize their combinations of primers. It can handle thousands of primers without being slow, and can also handle degenerate primers and automatically check for overlaps.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.