Broaden your selection: Category/Biology
- Antidote is an open source implementation of the IEEE 11073-20601 standard. It also contains the implementation of a D-Bus based 11073 manager service.
- BioMail automates searching for recent scientific papers in the PubMed Medline database, and can periodically run a customized Medline search and send all recent matching articles to the user's e-mail address. You can save search patterns: no more remembering which search was good and which wasn't. It is intended for medical researchers, biologists, and anyone who wants to know the latest information about a disease or a biological phenomenon. It is also useful for users who have email address but slow or sporadic Web access; they can set up searches and have them emailed to an address instead of having to surf the Web themselves for the information.
- DataStatix is a free software for GNU/Linux and Windows useful to manage data of every kind (although it has been written to manage biomedical data), to create descriptive statistics and graphs and to export items easily to R environment or to other statistic softwares. In order to handle properly big amount of data and many concurrent users, DataStatix works with MySql database and it has been developed and tested with MySql community edition 5.5. Some features of the software are: users management (create, delete, modify password) within the software; different users levels of data access (administrator, default, read only); user defined templates (models) of data, to create new databases easily; importation and esportation of data in CSV format (used also by Calc and Excel); updating of existing data from a CSV file created with DataStatix; descriptive statistics from every data (some more kind of statistics to come); graphs from every data.
- Electrocardiognosis (a.k.a. Ecgnosis) is a software package designed to assist the physician in formulating diagnoses on 24h ambulatory ECG monitoring (Holter) recordings.
- FreeMED is a Web-based medical records (EMR) and patient management system with a printing system, patient scheduling, an HL7 interface, a billing system, XML-RPC Web services, and many other features. It has an extensible modular architecture, allowing it to be customized based on individual practices without having to rewrite core components of the system. It is HIPAA compliant.
- Gnotary is an asynchronous peer-to-peer digital notary service based on email. The server polls POP3 mail boxes scanning for specified key words in the subject line. A digital signature of the email body is returned to the sender. The main purpose is to allow medical practitioners to establish a peer-to-peer based notary service for their electronic health records.
This unmaintained package was formerly a GNU package. It’s now part of History.
- GNUmed is an electronic medical record software, supporting paperless medical practices. Several interface languages are supported.
It is a comprehensive scalable software solution for electronic medical practices with an emphasis on privacy protection, secure patient centric record sharing, decision support, and ease of use.
GNUmed operates in a client-server environment where the client and the server are physically two different machines. Each software component (i.e. Client 1.6.11 / Server 21.11) are distributed separately.
It is alongside GNU Health, one of the medical solution of the GNU project.
- GNU Health is a program designed for hospitals, offering the following functionalities:
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
It has a strong focus on family medicine and primary care, along with socio-economic circumstances. It uses the following disease and medical procedure standards: (ICD-10 / ICD-10-PCS). There are facilities to aid in choosing medicines; prescription writing; patient, hospital finacial, and lab administration tools; a database of 4,200 disease-related genes; epidemiological reporting; and much more.
GNU Health is part of GNU Solidario, an NGO offering health and education to the underpriveledged through free software: http://www.gnusolidario.org/
- Neuron Health
- Neuron is an EHR tool kit that supports inpatient and ambulatory care using a smart longitudinal patient record.
- OpenChrom is data analysis a tool for gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. Its functionality and algorithms can be extended using a flexible plugin approach. File formats from various vendors are supported.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.