Difference between revisions of "Category/Chat"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 23:03, 5 July 2011
Broaden your selection:
- A2K (formerly known as Accutron 2000) is a small, simple, and unobtrusive IRC bot. It is meant to do only a few things, do them well, and generally be seen and not heard. It is written in Python, and thus should theoretically run anywhere you have Python and a working TCP/IP stack.
- Automated File Retrieval (AFR) is a plugin for X-Chat. It is a queue-based file retrieval utility that can download files from many different types of file servers on IRC.
- AJAX Chat
- Atheism is a multi purpose Perl script for X-Chat. Its main features include auto-away functions with message logging, announcement of away reason and coming back, announcement of songs playing in XMMS on selected channels, a user-friendly interface, detailed documentation, the ability to automatically save configuration in a file, and more.
- 'AutoProfile' is an extension to Gaim that lets users create customized away messages and profiles that can include dynamic content such as fortune quotes, computer uptime, and timestamps. The managing system handles the automatic periodic update of content text. Users configure the system throough a GUI, then set an away message simply by typing "/away" into an IM window and "/back" to do the opposite.
- 'ayttm' is designed to become a Universal Instant Messaging client which will integrate all existing IM clients and provide a single consistent user interface. Currently, 'ayttm' supports sending and receiving messages in AIM, ICQ, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN, and Jabber. It also has file transfer between 'ayttm' users, and between users of 'ayttm' and users of the official MSN and Yahoo! clients. The project was formerly know as 'EveryBuddy.'
- 'BSFlite' is a minimalistic, line-based AIM client. It is designed with simplicity and efficiency in mind and thus utilises as little RAM and CPU time as possible in order to be friendly to multiuser systems. It uses the OSCAR protocol to communicate with the AIM service. Instead of having a full screen console interface, BSFlite uses a command shell interface that lets you type without needlessly sifting through windows. It supports most standard AIM features, except chat rooms and block lists.
- Babylon Java Chat is a client and server combo that allows groups to chat and draw over the Internet or local networks. The client can be used as a stand alone Javav application, or as an applet, which ,akes it simple to embed chat functionaloity in WWW documents. It features multi-colored graphics drawing ability, including freehand, lines, rectangles, ovals, and fonted text up to 120 pts. Users can interact publicly with everyone else on the server, or they can chat/draw privately useing the "whisper" mode. The server will store and manage answering machine style messages for users who aren't online, and users who aren't watching their screens can be paged. In theory one server is capacble of supporting any number of users. The Babylon chat server is normally operated in its GUI mode, but for convenience it can also be run as just a text-based application.
- An IRC server which can forward what you say to people on other chat networks: Jabber, ICQ, AIM, MSN and Yahoo.
- IRC bot that strives to do common tasks without blocking by using asynchronous sockets, threads and callbacks.