Broaden your selection: Category/Chat
- Coccinella is a Jabber client with a whiteboard. The whiteboard is a shared desktop which supports text, drawings, images, and multimedia in a number of formats, such as MP3 and video. It runs in two modes: a peer-to-peer configuration and a mode compatible with the Jabber Instant Messaging system. A flexible plugin architecture support additional formats.
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- Private chat can be easy and accessible.
Cryptocat is a fun, accessible app for having encrypted chat with your friends, right in your browser and mobile phone. Everything is encrypted before it leaves your computer. Even the Cryptocat network itself can't read your messages.
Cryptocat is open source, free software, developed by encryption professionals to make privacy accessible to everyone. Group chat, file sharing, and more!
- Chat with groups of friends at the same time using Cryptocat's group chat encryption. Cryptocat's fun interface makes it easy!
- Send files and photos to friends quickly and easily, with the assurance that not even the Cryptocat network itself can read your data.
- Connect to Facebook Messenger to see which Facebook friends are also using Cryptocat, and set up encrypted chat with them instantly.
What Cryptocat is not
Cryptocat is not a magic bullet. Even though Cryptocat provides useful encryption, you should never trust any piece of software with your life, and Cryptocat is no exception.
- Cryptocat does not anonymize you: While your communications are encrypted, your identity can still be traced since Cryptocat does not mask your IP address. For anonymization, we highly recommend using Tor.
- Cryptocat does not protect against key loggers: Your messages are encrypted as they go through the wire, but that doesn't mean that your keyboard is necessarily safe. Cryptocat does not protect against hardware or software key loggers which might be snooping on your keyboard strokes and sending them to an undesired third party.
- Cryptocat does not protect against untrustworthy people: Parties you're conversing with may still leak your messages without your knowledge. Cryptocat aims to make sure that only the parties you're talking to get your messages, but that doesn't mean these parties are necessarily trustworthy.
- 'ejabberd' is a multi-platform, scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant XMPP Jabber server. It supports advanced features such as multi-user chat, IRC transport, publish and subscribe services, Jabber user directory, a Web-based administration interface, an HTTP polling service, SSL and TLS support, LDAP and external authentication.
- Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is a SoftPhone, Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet.
It supports HD sound quality and video up to DVD size and quality.
It is interoperable with many other standard compliant software, hardware and service providers as it uses both the major telephony standards (SIP and H.323).
- Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols, including Jabber (xmpp). You can tell it about your accounts on all those services and do all your chatting within one application. Empathy uses Telepathy for protocol support and has a user interface based on Gossip. Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME, making it easier for other GNOME applications to integrate collaboration functionality using Telepathy.
- 'Eva' is an IM client in KDE that uses QQ IMprotocol to communicate with other clients Gaim with OpenQ plugin or LumaQQ written in Java.
- Festival Gaim
- Gaim plugin which enable you hear your incoming messages using voice synthesis.
- Fire★ is a a simple platform for decentralized communication and computation.
Provides a simple application platform for developing p2p applications
and share these applications with others in a chat like user interface.
You don't send a message to someone, you send an program, which can have rich content. All programs are wired up together automatically providing distributed communication, either through text, images, or games.
The source code to all applications is available immediately to instantly clone and modify.
- GNU Messenger
- GNU Messenger is a messaging system that attempts to keep your conversations private from everyone except the intended recipient. It is compatible with existing IM networks and lets you to communicate with other GM users even when you're not using a native server. Features include autoconf support, interoperability with other popular IM networks, separate frontend and backend (which makes it easy to write new clients, a buddy list, and taskbar docking. This project has been decommissioned and is no longer developed.