free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
Broaden your selection:
- 123sqlengine is a functional relational database engine still under development but featuring fully original database engine design
- ADOdb is a database abstraction library for PHP. The PHP version currently supports an amazing number of databases, thanks to the wonderful ADOdb community: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Interbase, Firebird, Informix, Oracle, MS SQL, Foxpro, Access, ADO, Sybase, FrontBase, DB2, SAP DB, SQLite, Netezza, LDAP, and generic ODBC, ODBTP. The Sybase, Informix, FrontBase and PostgreSQL, Netezza, LDAP, ODBTP drivers are community contributions. Some reasons why ADOdb is popular include:
- Designed for speed. It is probably the fastest free software database abstraction library available for PHP. See benchmarks.
- Provides extensive portability support such as date and type-handling and portable schema creation. See portable sql tips
- Support many enterprise features such as database backed sessions (with session expiry notification), SQL code generation, pivot tables, SELECT LIMIT emulation for all databases, performance monitoring.
- Easy to learn.
- Extensive QA, every release is unit-tested on Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Oracle 9.
- Mature, continuously developed since August 2000. Has a large community of users.
- Powerful Active Record support. See docs.
- Very reasonable licensing terms (BSD). This means that you can incorporate (and even compile) it into your software applications royalty-free without asking the author's permission, provided you include license.txt in your release.
- ADOdb Lite
- A small, fast replacement for ADODB that uses 1/6th of the memory and upto 300% faster while being compatible with ADODB using a subset of the most often used ADODB commands.. Supports Frontbase, MaxDB, MiniSql, MSSQL, MySql, Postgres, SqLite and Sybase.
- ADOdb for Python
- ADOdb is a database abstraction library. ADOdb was originally developed for PHP, and ported to Python. The Python version implements a subset of the PHP version. You might ask why Python needs a database abstraction library when Python provides the official DB API. Unfortunately the DB API does not encapsulate differences in the database implementations. For example, to select a limited number of rows, say 10 rows, you would have to use very different SQL for different databases:
- MS SQL select top 10 from table
- MySQL and PostgreSQL select * from table limit 10
- Oracle select * from (select * from table) where rownum <= 10
- These differences are handled by ADOdb (using SelectLimit), but not by the Python DB API. Other important database differences transparently handled by ADOdb include date-formating, associative arrays (records as dictionaries) and LOB-handling.
- AOLserver is a multithreaded, TCL-enabled, massively scalable and extensible Web server designed for large scale, dynamic Web sites such as Digital City and AOL.COM. It includes complete database integration, dynamic page scripting, and an open, extensible architecture.
- aPAz is An ultra-light PHP AnonymiZer. It is intended to be a "Put it anywhere, browse everywhere application". You can use it on any Web server that uses PHP and allows socket functions.
- Advanced Web Statistics is a free tool that generates advanced web server access statistics graphically. This web server log analyzer works as a CGI or from command line and shows you all information your log contains, in few graphical web pages. It can analyze IIS 5.0+, Apache log files and some other web servers (log files with a personalized format are supported since version 3.0). It's the best statistics tool for web server with less than 200,000 visits a month. The program can measure visits, unique vistors, pages, domains/countries, OS busiest times, robot visits, search engine/keyword used, and HTTP errors. Statistics can be updated from a browser or your scheduler. The program also supports virtual servers.
- Anti-Web httpd
- 'Anti-Web httpd' is a single-process Web server that relies on its inherent simplicity to be robust and secure. It supports virtual hosts, CGI, IPv6, and more. In its default mode, it is easy to launch and requires no configuration files.
- Apache CouchDB
- 'Ara' is a command-line utility for querying the Debian package database. It has a query syntax allowing you to search for boolean combinations of regular expressions. It includes a simple syntax and line-editing. A graphical interface, xara, is also provided.