Broaden your selection: Category/Editor
- Aria Maestosa
- Compose, edit, and play MIDI files. Has a graphical user interface with multiple instrument-specific views.
- Birdfont is a font editor which lets you create vector graphics and export TTF, EOT and SVG fonts.
- CV Assistant helps you create specialized resumes in Word .docx format fast and easy. The idea is to have a master resume with all skills and experiences in it. Then based on skills mentioned in the job advertisement, export a clean but well formatted word .docx file as a summarized resume with only relevant skills in it. This increases your chance of getting a job interview as most companies are using Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) or at best hiring managers which may be unaware of similarity between phrases like skilled in MS Word, familiar with Microsoft Word and Fully experienced with office suites. So job seekers need to create specialized resumes for each and every job position with the same wordings used in the advertisement. Add all your skills to CV Assistant, pick only relevant ones. It also creates cover letters! Again, write all possible sentences, and select those relevant ones per job post. CVAssistant helps you free of charge and this software remains for free!
- Dismal (Dis' Mode Ain't Lotus) is a major mode for GNU Emacs that implements a spreadsheet. It is designed to be keystroke driven rather than mouse/menu driven (although it can be menu driven), and it is extensible. Users can write their own commands and functions, for example, to allow a function cell to write to several nearby cells. A ruler can be put up that reflects the semantics of column names past the ones automatically provided as letters.
Dismal has some useful functions that implement the keystroke level model of Card, Moran, and Newell.
- Etherpad is a real-time collaborative editor.
It lets you edit text in your browser, while other contributors see the changes instantly. It features basic formatting as well as an history.
- flpsed is a WYSIWYG pseudo PostScript editor. "Pseudo", because you can't remove or modify existing elements of a document. But it does let you add arbitrary text lines to existing PostScript documents. Added lines can later be reedited with flpsed. Using pdftops, one can convert PDF documents to PostScript and also add text to them. flpsed is useful for filling in forms, adding notes etc.
- GNU fontopia is an easy-to-use, text-based, console font editor. You can edit the fonts that your GNU/Linux kernel is using to display your text on text-based (vs graphical) terminals.
- The Gregorio project offers tools for the typesetting of Gregorian chant. These tools include:
- gabc: a brief notation for representing Gregorian chant
- GregorioTeX: a TeX style for typesetting scores
- GregorioXML: an XML representation of a Gregorian chant score
- GNU Health is a program designed for hospitals, offering the following functionalities:
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
It has a strong focus on family medicine and primary care, along with socio-economic circumstances. It uses the following disease and medical procedure standards: (ICD-10 / ICD-10-PCS). There are facilities to aid in choosing medicines; prescription writing; patient, hospital finacial, and lab administration tools; a database of 4,200 disease-related genes; epidemiological reporting; and much more.
GNU Health is part of GNU Solidario, an NGO offering health and education to the underpriveledged through free software: http://www.gnusolidario.org/
- Hitch allows developers to be properly credited when Pair Programming and using Git.