Broaden your selection: Category/Editor
- Aria Maestosa
- Compose, edit, and play MIDI files. Has a graphical user interface with multiple instrument-specific views.
- Dismal (Dis' Mode Ain't Lotus) is a major mode for GNU Emacs that implements a spreadsheet. It is designed to be keystroke driven rather than mouse/menu driven (although it can be menu driven), and it is extensible. Users can write their own commands and functions, for example, to allow a function cell to write to several nearby cells. A ruler can be put up that reflects the semantics of column names past the ones automatically provided as letters.
Dismal has some useful functions that implement the keystroke level model of Card, Moran, and Newell.
- flpsed is a WYSIWYG pseudo PostScript editor. "Pseudo", because you can't remove or modify existing elements of a document. But it does let you add arbitrary text lines to existing PostScript documents. Added lines can later be reedited with flpsed. Using pdftops, one can convert PDF documents to PostScript and also add text to them. flpsed is useful for filling in forms, adding notes etc.
- The Gregorio project offers tools for the typesetting of Gregorian chant. These tools include:
- gabc: a brief notation for representing Gregorian chant
- GregorioTeX: a TeX style for typesetting scores
- GregorioXML: an XML representation of a Gregorian chant score
- GNU Health is a program designed for hospitals, offering the following funtionality:
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Hospital Information System (HIS)
- Health Information System
It has a strong focus on family medicine and primary care, along with socio-economic circumstances. It uses the following disease and medical procedure standards: (ICD-10 / ICD-10-PCS). There are facilities to aid in choosing medicines; prescription writing; patient, hospital finacial, and lab administration tools; a database of 4,200 disease-related genes; epidemiological reporting; and much more.
GNU Health is part of GNU Solidario, an NGO offering health and education to the underpriveledged through free software: http://www.gnusolidario.org/
- Markdown is a text-to-HTML filter; it translates an easy-to-read / easy-to-write structured text format into HTML. Markdown's text format is most similar to that of plain text email, and supports features such as headers, emphasis, code blocks, blockquotes, and links. This is a fast and complete Python implementation of the Markdown spec.
- 'mule' is a multilingual text editor supporting Japanese, Chinese (trad. and simpl.), Korean, Latin1-5, Greek, Hebrew, Cyrillic, Arabic, Thai, Vietnamese, Ethiopic, IPA. Included is a utility to convert multilingual text into standalone PS. The program is currently distributed as pert of the Emacs text editor.
- Full-featured WYSIWYG editor for sheet music. Large vocabulary of notations (jazz notation, percussion, early music, etc.). It will play your scores and can also import and export many formats, including e.g. import and export of MIDI and export to PDF, WAV, and LilyPond.
- PDF Editor
- Editor for manipulating PDF documents. GUI version + commandline interface. Scripting is used to a great extent in editor and almost anything can be scripted, it is possible to create own scripts or plugins.
- Pencil (prototyping software)
- Pencil is an easy to install and easy to use GUI prototyping tool to allow users to create mockups. It works across a variety of popular desktop platforms.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution itself.