- 3dpl GE
- 3dpl GE the 3D Programming Language Gaming Environment, is mainly a learning tool for novice programmers and children. Aiming at reintroducing the concept of coding to computers the way we used to have BASIC on older systems, but this is 3D, it also features a Modeling tool which is similar to Minecraft, the models can then be programmed to do anything you want. This is a full featured language so it can be used for other applications such as CAD and just for playing games made in 3dpl. It is also real-time interpreted.
- Learn how to program shell scripts using bash, the command interpreter from the GNU project. Start from the basics and become and advanced programmer.
- A combination of Portal and Sokoban, AdaGate is a great example of OpenGL programming using the Ada language. It is F.O.S., of course.
While exploring a remote south-seas island you make a startling historical discovery. But before you can report your findings, an operational stargate transports you into a curious sequence of dungeons. Your escape will require the logical rearrangement of weird power cells, called Zero Point Modules (ZPMs), that can roll in only two directions.
You can shoot your portal guns at the dungeon walls to define a wormhole. But, in order to activate it, all of the ZPMs must be bumped into their sockets. Now, you can only PUSH the ZPMs. That means you will fail if you roll one into a corner or against a wall.
Escape each level and find your way back to a beautiful lake on the surface.
The degree of difficulty is now selectable. Each game resumes at the beach but progress from previous games is tracked. Complete all 4 levels to access the lake epilog and reset the game.
Uses fully modern OpenGL methods in Ada using textures, shaders and uniforms that achieves version 3.3 core profile contexts in a way that is sufficiently mainstream that it easily compiles and runs on both GNU/Linux and Mac OS-X systems. This project serves as a testbed for learning the complexities of modern OpenGL and GLSL.
Absolutely no coding efforts or compromises have been made to accomodate proprietary operating systems except for learning how to compile on OS-X. It relies on a thin SDL2 binding from Dan Vazquez, a thin OpenGL binding from "Lumen", a PNG reader by Stephen Sanguine, and SFML-Audio.
If one defines "modern" OpenGL to mean version 3.3 or beyond, then this may be the most functionally advanced demonstration of "modern" OpenGL using Ada to be found. The code itself is far from elegant, but serves as a working example, with focus on learning OpenGL. The Ada bindings used are thin, so the relationship to C++ methodology is quite transparent. Developers should note that these Ada bindings are usable as a standalone library for most any OpenGL project.
Media Files Note: The particular choices of sound, image, and shader files (*.fs) delivered are not essential to the function of the game and are easily replaced. This software is primarily intended as a tutorial example of modern OpenGL game assembly methods. The only requirements are that sounds be in WAV format, images be in PNG format, and shaders be updated to GLSL 330 specifications.
- 'Aetherspace' is a project to produce multiplayer game that blends several different game genres. It is being developed by gamers as a way to learn programming. These games are currently under development and, while fun to look at, are not considered playable yet.
- Agecalc is a utillity that can be used to calculate dates since birth, what day a person was born, days since last/to next birthday and other data.
- Anki is a flashcard program which makes remembering things easy. Because it is a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.
Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos and scientific markup (via LaTeX), the possibilities are endless. For example:
- learning a language - studying for medical and law exams - memorizing people's names and faces - brushing up on geography - mastering long poems - even practicing guitar chords!
- Asymptopia Blackjack
- Asymptopia Blackjack (aka: Motorcycle Blackjack) teaches kids to gamble without losing their allowance.
- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology.
With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project.
Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- BASM is a user friendly and easy to use assembler for The Basic Computer, capable of creating the object, list and hex file and giving detailed error reports. It's more of academic use for students who wish to understand how does The Basic Computer actually work.
- Bibfilex is a bibliographic manager. It's useful for creating and managing archives of bibliographical items (books, articles, etc.) with possible attachments of any kind according to Biblatex structure and rules, but it can be used also with a word processor like Writer or Word.
Bibfilex may create and manage files which are catalogs of many items – also thousands of them. A file of Bibfilex is a database of SQLite. In a Bibfilex file data are not stored according to Biblatex format, so it cannot be used as a bibliographic file in a Latex document. Anyway, Biblatex may export with a one-click functionality all or part of its content in Biblatex format file; this can be read directly with JabRef or used in a Latex document. At the same time, Bibfilex may import directly a JabRef database.