Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- 3dpl GE
- 3dpl GE the 3D Programming Language Gaming Environment, is mainly a learning tool for novice programmers and children. Aiming at reintroducing the concept of coding to computers the way we used to have BASIC on older systems, but this is 3D, it also features a Modeling tool which is similar to Minecraft, the models can then be programmed to do anything you want. This is a full featured language so it can be used for other applications such as CAD and just for playing games made in 3dpl. It is also real-time interpreted.
- Asymptopia Blackjack
- Asymptopia Blackjack (aka: Motorcycle Blackjack) teaches kids to gamble without losing their allowance.
- Big Daddy's Math Drills
- Big Daddy's Math Drills is a cross platform set of simple text based drills in basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division tables featuring programmed instruction, adaptive learning, and user profiles.
- 'bingo-cards' lets you create number, word/letter, and picture bingo cards. They can be used for entertainment in the car, in a classroom (for example, to teach the element symbols for the Periodic Table), or just with your kids. You can also create cards with little pictures of everyday objects, then call the names out in Spanish, French, Italian, or German (or whatever you fancy).
- Blockly is a web-based, graphical programming editor. Users can drag blocks together to build an application. No typing required.
- Canvas is a feature-rich learning management system.
- Dr. geo
- Dr. Geo, a libre software to design & manipulate interactive geometric sketches with constraints.
Dr. Geo aim is to be an open, easy to study, modify and extend interactive geometry software. It is distributed with its source code you can modify while using it. Ten years old kids use Dr. Geo to explore Euclidean geometric sketch, agile kids extend and program it with its embedded dynamic Smalltalk language and user interface.
Just like other interactive geometry software such as Cabri, Cinderella, Geogebra, Carmetal, with Dr. Geo the user creates a geometric sketch and manipulates it according to its constraints. What sets Dr.Geo apart from the other geometry software is the possibility of studying and even modifying/extending its source code while s/he is using it to create a figure.
All in all, its philosophy is also to empower the user with direct access to the Dr. Geo arcane and programming. For example, with script, one can build a geometric sketch to compute the slope at an arbitrary location of a given curve. Or the user can describe a recursive curve with Smalltalk programmed sketch.
It is distributed as an universal portable application: you can install it in a usb stick and run it anywhere: Dr. Geo is Modify-me Ready! But don't be afraid, if you only want to design interactive sketch, Dr. Geo is intuitive and easy to use.
It is also tablet ready for both Android and iPad.
- GCompris is a suite of educational software for children. It features a variety of activities suitable for kids aged 2 to 10 years old. The suite includes activities to introduce and develop skills in computer use, algebra, science, reading and more. It also features some games such as chess and sudoku.
- 'JILetters' assists young children with learning the Western alphabet through visual and auditory means. It uses a phonic representation of each letter and cursive script to present the letters of the alphabet. It lets children memorise letters from visual cues.
- The KLogo-Turtle is a useful tool for teaching geometry and the basic principles of the programming of computer. Children can study the mathematics of geometry in an interactive and constructive way.