Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- 3dpl GE
- 3dpl GE the 3D Programming Language Gaming Environment, is mainly a learning tool for novice programmers and children. Aiming at reintroducing the concept of coding to computers the way we used to have BASIC on older systems, but this is 3D, it also features a Modeling tool which is similar to Minecraft, the models can then be programmed to do anything you want. This is a full featured language so it can be used for other applications such as CAD and just for playing games made in 3dpl. It is also real-time interpreted.
- Anki is a flashcard program which makes remembering things easy. Because it is a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.
Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos and scientific markup (via LaTeX), the possibilities are endless. For example:
- learning a language - studying for medical and law exams - memorizing people's names and faces - brushing up on geography - mastering long poems - even practicing guitar chords!
- This program is meant to help you learn to recognise foreign characters, taking just a few minutes each day. It remembers which characters you have recently found difficult and what you confuse them with. It uses a simple HTML user interface, the appearance of which can be customised by user-supplied stylesheets or normal browser customisation.
- Dive Into Python 3
- Dive Into Python 3 is the successor to Mark Pilgrim's Dive Into Python, a popular book for learning programming with Python 2.x. It has been adapted to Python 3.x, and contains about 20% revised and 80% new material.
- Gradint is a program that can be used to make your own self-study audio tapes for learning foreign-language vocabulary. You can use it to help with a course, to prepare for speaking assignments, or just to keep track of the vocabulary you come across.
- Hanzim ("Hanzi Master") is an interactive visual dictionary for learning and seeing relationships between Chinese radicals, characters, and compounds. All the characters with a given radical, phonetic component, or pronunciation can be displayed, as well as all words containing a character, with English meanings. Either simplified or traditional characters can be used. The main character is displayed in a box near the center. Compounds employing it in the initial position are listed to its right; those employing it in the final position are listed to its left. Characters with the same radical are listed in the lower left, those with the same remaining component (character sans radical) in the middle, and those with the same pronunciation are on the right. Clicking on any character on the screen makes it the new main character. The text box just above the main character contains the pinyin representation of that character. You can click in there, type in a new pinyin string, and hit return to pull up the first character in the program's dictionary with that pronunciation. Hanzim can also be used as a dictionary (zidian and cidian). You can look up Chinese characters and compounds by radical or pinyin. It's faster and easier to look up characters and compounds with this program than with a conventional dictionary (either by stroke or pronunciation) or a pocket electronic translator. You can also look up compounds by typing English words in the definition area.
- iGNUit is a memorization aid based on the Leitner flashcard system. It has a GNOME look and feel, a good selection of quiz options, and supports UTF-8. Cards can include embedded audio, images, and mathematical formulae (via LaTeX). iGNUit can import and export several file formats, including CSV. Ignuit can be used for both long-term learning and cramming.
- 'kdrill' helps people learn Japanese 'Kanji' characters. It started as a simple multiple choice Kanji quiz program, to help people learn Japanese characters, but it now has different guess formats, history options, and a dictionary function. Users can look words up in Romaji, SKIP, four-corner, cut-n-paste, radical lookup, and English search.
- Kurso de Esperanto
- Kurso de Esperanto is a multimedia computer program for teaching yourself Esperanto.