Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- Typist is a typing tutor package built using Curses. The package has tutorials, drills, and practice sessions to learn touch typing. The emphasis is on the US computer keyboard layout, but lessons for Dvorak and other keyboard types and languages are also included. The program also has Native Language Support and is distributed with messages in many different languages.
- KTouch is a tough typing program that currently supports English, German, Norwegian, Latin American, Portugese and French keyboards.
- It finds many errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect and several grammar problems. There are a few versions available: standalone desktop client, LibreOffice extension and IceCat add-on. This entry is about the desktop client.
- Makin' Bakon
- Makin' Bakon is a typing tutor game written in C++ with STL and Curses. Save Pig from the supermaket shelves while learning to type to a professional standard! It Uses the Fortune database for some of it's exercises. Contains material that may offend!
- This is a text editor for writing math lessons and providing tools for doing all the exercises from elementary school to junior high. The software is especially designed to fulfil the needs of disabled pupils, and pupils suffering from dyspraxia in particular. The program manages the child's documents like a notebook, organized with chapters, and separating lessons, exercises and evaluations, making it very easy to navigate through the documents.
- MathOCR is a scientific document recognition system written in pure Java, it is released under the terms of GNU General Public License. The goal of the project is to provide logical layout analysis and mathematical formula recognition functionality.
- 'TuxTyping' is an educational typing tutorial game starring Tux, the Linux Penguin. The player guides Tux to eat fish which are falling from the top of the screen. Each fish has a letter or a word written on it. When the player presses the corresponding key, or types the appropriate word, Tux will position himself to eat the fish. The game is intended for children learning to type and to spell, though it does have higher difficulty levels which even experienced typists may find challenging. The package is platform independent.