Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- antimicro is a graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad. This program is useful for playing PC games using a gamepad that do not have any form of built-in gamepad support. However, you can use this program to control any desktop application with a gamepad; on GNU/Linux, this means that your system has to be running an X environment in order to run this program.
- Administration of Chess Tournaments has been monopolized by non-free software. The lack of free tools makes it very difficult for an arbiter to use GNU/Linux.
Arbitools is born to become a colection of utilities for the most common tasks. It is desgined to make it easy to extend. It has been written in python in order to make multiplatform support easy.
- Different types of files supported.
- Updating data in different types of tournament database files.
- Adding lists of players to already created files.
- Getting standings from tournament database files.
- Add custom tiebreaks to tournament database files.
- Get tournament report files.
- Aualé is a graphical user interface for the popular Oware Abapa board game. It may be used to analyze, record and share your own mancala games or to play against the computer.
This interface communicates with an oware engine through an adapted version of the Universal Chess Interface protocol, which makes it suitable for use with multiple mancala playing programs. Although, currently only the Aalina game engine supports this protocol.
Some of its main features include:
- Play against the computer or watch how it plays.
- Easily configurable computer strength.
- Annotate your matches with an easy to use interface.
- Save your games using a portable format which resembles that of the popular Portable Game Notation format.
- Braille Scrabble
- A text-based implementation of TuxWordSmith for use in terminal. 1. Letter distribution computed fairly based on frequency of occurance of each letter with respect to installed dictionary. 2. The scoring is dynamically computed at runtime based on min/max values configured in config, and letter distribution
- CGoban provides a large set of go-related services for *nix and X11. Functions include:
- Full functionality for viewing and editing SGF files
- Can connect to a go server over the Internet
- Can act as a bridge to a 'go' modem protocol
- When playing locally, you have a choice of rule sets and time controls
- A gomoku-like game with addtional rules: A player can only win if:
- He/she has exactly 5 continuous pieces (no more or less)
- These pieces have at least a head or tail not being blocked by the opponent's piece
There are 2 modes: 1 player (vs AI) and 2 players
- Super fun carom board game
- ChessX is a chess database that allows you tobrowse, manage, and analyze chess games. It uses Qt library to create modern, portable graphical interface. Current development is aimed at providing full featured PGN database.
- Console Othello
- This program plays the classic board game Othello against you. Othello is played by two people (white and black) who take turns placing a single piece of their color on an 8x8 board. When a piece is placed in such a way as there exists a row (horizontal, diagnol, or vertical) of pieces of the opposite color capped on one side by your newly placed piece and on the other side by an existing piece of your color, the row of pieces are flipped over (Othello pieces are white on one side, black on the other). In fact, to make a move you must flip over at least one opposing piece.
- The X-Window program Danican lets you play international draughts. This game is slightly different from the one known as draughts in UK and checkers in US. Mainly: * Board is 10x10 instead of 8x8. * A man may capture backwards. * Majority capture precedes. * A king is a long-range piece. To get more information on the game, you may have a look at the International Draughts Federation's website.