free society. We build this foundation.
With your help, we will raise $450,000 this
winter to make this foundation even stronger.
Donate today, and build us up for 2014.
Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- CGoban provides a large set of go-related services for *nix and X11. Functions include:
- Full functionality for viewing and editing SGF files
- Can connect to a go server over the Internet
- Can act as a bridge to a 'go' modem protocol
- When playing locally, you have a choice of rule sets and time controls
- ChessX is a chess database that allows you tobrowse, manage, and analyze chess games. It uses Qt library to create modern, portable graphical interface. Current development is aimed at providing full featured PGN database.
- Console Othello
- This program plays the classic board game Othello against you. Othello is played by two people (white and black) who take turns placing a single piece of their color on an 8x8 board. When a piece is placed in such a way as there exists a row (horizontal, diagnol, or vertical) of pieces of the opposite color capped on one side by your newly placed piece and on the other side by an existing piece of your color, the row of pieces are flipped over (Othello pieces are white on one side, black on the other). In fact, to make a move you must flip over at least one opposing piece.
- The X-Window program Danican lets you play international draughts. This game is slightly different from the one known as draughts in UK and checkers in US. Mainly: * Board is 10x10 instead of 8x8. * A man may capture backwards. * Majority capture precedes. * A king is a long-range piece. To get more information on the game, you may have a look at the International Draughts Federation's website.
- GNOME Mastermind
- GNOME Mastermind is a little game that i've written mainly for fun while i was learning some programming with gtk and cairo. At first i was not intentioned to share it, but now i think it has become quite stable so i decided to distribute it. I like it and i hope someone else would like it too. It is a Mastermind clone for the GNOME desktop.
- GNU go
- Recently GNU Go has been developed into a more sophisticated program playing at around the 16 kyu level on the NNGS Go server. The program builds cleanly on many platforms. An ASCII interface and an Emacs mode are also supported. This summer, for the first time, it participated in international tournament play. In the 21st Century Cup held at the US Go Congress, GNU Go placed 8th in a field of 12. This may not sound impressive but actually we were satisfied with its performance. GNU Go won 3 out of 6 games and two of the games it lost were close. Moreover it scored an upset win over former Ing Champion program Wulu. In the European Championship GNU Go placed second, winning 5 out of six rounds, and losing only to the undefeated GoAhead.
- GRhino is a GUI Othello/Reversi game for the GNOME environment. The goal is to have a game with a strong AI, targeted to experienced players.
- Gamazons is a game played on a 10x10 chess board. Each side has four pieces (amazons) that move in a straight line in any direction. The winner is determined by who moves last. Each move consists of two parts. First an amazon moves to a new square and then fires an arrow to another square (in a straight line in any direction from the square the amazon landed on). The square the arrow lands on becomes a permanent block for the rest of the game. No one can move over it, or fire an arrow over it. Every turn an amazon must move and fire an arrow, so every turn there is one less square available on the board. You can block in your opponent, or section off a good chunk of the board for yourself. You can set it to play AI vs AI or whatever you like. There are also Auto Finish and Force Move defaults.
- glParchis is a 3D game of Parcheesi.
- Gnome Games
- There are sixteen games including card games, puzzle games, and arcade games. These games are designed to be simple but addictive \u2013 five minute games for when you need a break. The games include:
- Same GNOME