Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- Aualé is a graphical user interface for the popular Oware Abapa board game. It may be used to analyze, record and share your own mancala games or to play against the computer.
This interface communicates with an oware engine through an adapted version of the Universal Chess Interface protocol, which makes it suitable for use with multiple mancala playing programs. Although, currently only the Aalina game engine supports this protocol.
Some of its main features include:
- Play against the computer or watch how it plays.
- Easily configurable computer strength.
- Annotate your matches with an easy to use interface.
- Save your games using a portable format which resembles that of the popular Portable Game Notation format.
- Braille Scrabble
- A text-based implementation of TuxWordSmith for use in terminal. 1. Letter distribution computed fairly based on frequency of occurance of each letter with respect to installed dictionary. 2. The scoring is dynamically computed at runtime based on min/max values configured in config, and letter distribution
- CGoban provides a large set of go-related services for *nix and X11. Functions include:
- Full functionality for viewing and editing SGF files
- Can connect to a go server over the Internet
- Can act as a bridge to a 'go' modem protocol
- When playing locally, you have a choice of rule sets and time controls
- ChessX is a chess database that allows you tobrowse, manage, and analyze chess games. It uses Qt library to create modern, portable graphical interface. Current development is aimed at providing full featured PGN database.
- Console Othello
- This program plays the classic board game Othello against you. Othello is played by two people (white and black) who take turns placing a single piece of their color on an 8x8 board. When a piece is placed in such a way as there exists a row (horizontal, diagnol, or vertical) of pieces of the opposite color capped on one side by your newly placed piece and on the other side by an existing piece of your color, the row of pieces are flipped over (Othello pieces are white on one side, black on the other). In fact, to make a move you must flip over at least one opposing piece.
- The X-Window program Danican lets you play international draughts. This game is slightly different from the one known as draughts in UK and checkers in US. Mainly: * Board is 10x10 instead of 8x8. * A man may capture backwards. * Majority capture precedes. * A king is a long-range piece. To get more information on the game, you may have a look at the International Draughts Federation's website.
- GNOME Mastermind
- GNOME Mastermind is a little game that i've written mainly for fun while i was learning some programming with gtk and cairo. At first i was not intentioned to share it, but now i think it has become quite stable so i decided to distribute it. I like it and i hope someone else would like it too. It is a Mastermind clone for the GNOME desktop.
- GRhino is a GUI Othello/Reversi game for the GNOME environment. The goal is to have a game with a strong AI, targeted to experienced players.
- Gamazons is a game played on a 10x10 chess board. Each side has four pieces (amazons) that move in a straight line in any direction. The winner is determined by who moves last. Each move consists of two parts. First an amazon moves to a new square and then fires an arrow to another square (in a straight line in any direction from the square the amazon landed on). The square the arrow lands on becomes a permanent block for the rest of the game. No one can move over it, or fire an arrow over it. Every turn an amazon must move and fire an arrow, so every turn there is one less square available on the board. You can block in your opponent, or section off a good chunk of the board for yourself. You can set it to play AI vs AI or whatever you like. There are also Auto Finish and Force Move defaults.
- glParchis is a 3D game of Parcheesi.